Chapter 50

Manik's POV

" Bhai, go to your room they both are supporting you.  You have always said that Shlok is very calm and smart. He will manage everything. "  He said.

" Roshni?? "

" She was crying, hiding in the kitchen, why?? What happened to her? Did anyone say anything to her? " He asked me.

"  No, they didn't even know  she was in the kitchen. I will tell you later, please, take her upstairs before anyone see her. I don't want her to be involved in that. " I said and he nodded. He went to the kitchen and came back holding her hand. She was trying not to cry but sobbed.

I looked at her and she went away without looking at me. She must have seen Myra kissing me. I felt very bad for her.

What had gone into Myra?? Why did she kiss me like that??

I went to my room and kept thinking about what happened downstairs. So many things happened in such a short time.  Everyone was annoyed with me when I didn't even do anything.

**********

It was morning and I was pacing in our informal living room, waiting for everyone to join for the breakfast.

But I was shocked to see them coming with their luggage.

" Viren, Sujal!! Please don't go like this... please talk to me, beat me if you want. But please don't go like this.

" Thanks for your hospitality,  Mr Shah. But I think it is time that we leave. " Viren said.

" Sujal...!! Raj, Ron!! What are you doing?? Please tell him to stay and talk to me. " I pleaded.

Shaurya and Shlok also came down stairs.

" Viren!! Didn't you hear anything we said last night?? Please, forgive him... He is not like us, Viren... He is a sweet and  decent man. " Shaurya said.

" We need to go home right away. I am really out of my mind right now, and need to discuss this with Myra, Sujal and my parents." Viren said.

" Please don't involve our parents... They all are friends for almost fifty years, we can't spoil their friendship. " I said.

" Manik is right, Viren. "  Shlok said.

" Myra is my sister, I have to think about her life too. I can't hide such a big thing from my parents. "  Viren said.

" I am sorry, Viren... But you are  exaggerating this whole thing. It is not a big deal?? You tell me, do you even remember, how many girls you have had relationship with? How many night stands? Ron, can you tell me, how many girls you are flirting with? Sahaj, well... I should not even bother asking you. You would have probably left all of us behind. Even I don't remember how many one night stands I have had... Who are we to blame him?? They only kissed and it was also initiated by Myra not him. How can you have such double standards?? I am sorry, I didn't know, my best friends were so narrow minded. " Shaurya said to viren and Ron.

" He proposed to my sister... "  Viren said.

" So? What?? You should be happy, he is one of the most simple man out of us. He is handsome, educated, decent, caring and not to forget, the richest of us all. Almost as rich as our dads even without his dad's property, at this early stage.  I would have agreed, if such an eligible man wanted my sister's hand in marriage. Hell, forget that he is a rich man, just see how humble he is. His family is everything for him, just imagine how much he would love your sister. Where would you find such a nice man for your sister? Don't we all know him since we all were kids??  Tell me one thing that you can point out in him which is objectionable.  " Shaurya said.