Chapter 20

Manik's POV

Though Bob kept asking me about Roshni, I avoided the subject. I helped James in buying stuff, he was very happy after getting so many things for his girlfriend and was still buying more things.

He clicked a few pics to ask her which of the two options she liked.

James was still smiling after chatting on his phone.

" Someone is thinking about the return gift, he would claim in return of the gifts. " Bob winked and teased James.

" Shut up!! I am not like you. "  James said.

" You are very slow... Manik, do you know, he kissed his girlfriend after the fifth date. " Bob said and laughed.

" Get lost!! I am not like you, who can kiss any girl at the first chance. " James said.

" What about you?? You are even faster than me? " Bob asked.

" No!! I am like him! "  I said pointing at James.

" Oh, when did you kiss your girlfriend? Third, fourth, fifth or...later,"  he asked with excitement.

" Er... I have... Er... Haven't got a chance... "  I said rubbing the back of my head.

" What?? Are you really sitting there in front of me or am I imagining you?? You are kidding us? " Bob asked laughing at me. 

" No!! I am telling you the truth." I replied.

" But you kissed that girl in the cafe."  He asked.

" It was an accident. I told you." 

"  You have a girlfriend?? " He asked.

" Yes!"  I told them about our relationship in very brief. Just the fact that it is very new.

" Oh!! Is she hot? "  Bob asked again.

" She is!"  I nodded.

" Then what are you waiting for? " he said with a surprised look.

" Her brother is my friend and..." I explained. 

" Oh, you are bothered about breaking the bro code?? " James asked.

" Kind of... " I said.

" We can understand...  Anyway, I really enjoyed the day with you. Thank you so much. but I think, we need to go to the hotel now. I am dead tired. It has been a long day since we came almost directly to your office. Let's meet around 11 in the morning again. I hope dad will be ready with the list of our orders. " James said.

" Sure!! But I want you to have dinner with me at my haveli. You can have a taste of traditional Gujarati food. " I said.

" We would love that. " James said.

" Bye!! "

" Bye! Have a nice day. " They said and left as I had arranged another car with a driver for them.

I went back to look for Roshni if she was still there... But she was not.

I called her and she picked up the call, " Hello? "  She said.

" Where are you? " I asked.

" With my friends! " She said.

" Tell me where are you?? I am coming to pick you up. " I said.

" I am not a child, can come on my own.  "  She answered back and I got very annoyed.

" Tell me the address! "  I said in an angry tone.