Chapter 62

Happy Durga ashtami to all of you 🙏🙏

Manik's POV

The moment the hall opened where the ceremony was to be held, I was shocked.

No!!!!

The ceremony was my engagement with Myra????

No!!

But my name was written there with Myra with two red hearts joined between our names.

Shit !! No!! Is it a dream??  But it doesn't seem to be like a dream.

I need to talk to Chachu and Chachi...

" Manik, my baby!!! I am so happy. " I heard a voice and was pleasantly surprised and turned to it.

My mom was coming to me with open arms she hugged me and caressed my face lovingly.

" Mom!! What are you doing here, all of a sudden? "  I asked, though I was happy as well as shocked.

"  What do you mean by what am I doing here? It's my son's engagement, after all, we have been waiting to see this day... Of course, we had to come. I am so happy for you. Myra is a very nice girl and we know her whole family so well. " She said and dad also came and hugged me.

Engagement?? Oh no!! I was distracted a bit when I saw my parents.

" Wait a minute!!  My engagement? But how?? Why?  I mean... all of a sudden? And why this secrecy??  This is making me go crazy... I am getting engaged and I don't even know about it. When was all this decided?? I..."  I said.

" Relax!! We all are very happy about it. Did you like the surprise and the arrangements? I know you must have thought of something but we were getting desperate to see you engaged. " Mom said and Chachi came to me with a big smile.

" Congratulations, brother-in-law. I am really that my sister is getting married to you. Sorry for my behaviour earlier."  Sujal came and said.

" Please don't be sorry, I am sorry for not sharing it with you. " I said shaking my head.

" Thanks ! Er...  I will go and see if Myra is ready. " Sujal winked with a smile and left after hugging me warmly.

I really liked it as he had not talked to me for more than a week and I felt relieved.

But, engagement with Myra??

No!! It was not right, I didn't feel anything for her.

And maybe she also doesn't feel much for me... I hope so, or it will be difficult to stop this, I need to talk to her. All the elder ones in my family were standing here.

" Chachu, Chachi... you should have asked me before fixing this.  I need to talk to all of you. "  I said.

" Not right now, son... Everybody is waiting for this ceremony.  I know, we should have and you would have asked for more time. And Mohit and Sujoy came with this proposal of a surprise engagement.  "  Dad said.

Viraj uncle, Sujoy uncle and Mohit uncle came to greet all of us with their wives. They all hugged and congratulated me.  Everyone looked very happy.

" I am glad that our kids have chosen well. Both the kids have grown up in front of us and we all know each other so well. It feels that our daughter is just going from one home to another. We are so excited that our relationship is going to strengthen even more. " Mohit uncle said and all of the others nodded.

" We were so excited to know who was he dating. We even scolded Mihir to spill beans but he is very loyal to his brother. He didn't tell us anything about the girl, who Manik was dating. But both bhabhi and I are very excited that we are going to have such a beautiful and sweet daughter. Isn't it bhabhi?  " Chachi said.