Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Am I making decisions about this?"

Saying so, Raniero's shrill voice was brimming with poisonous thorns.

My spine cooled.

At this point, I'd like to turn around saying, 'Yes, I apologize for bothering you, we'll figure this out on our own!' though I don't think it was the same for Marquis Jacques.

"It's a big deal. Please take care of it."

Hearing him, I glanced sideways at the Marquis Jacques while lying down.

Isn't this guy's liver coming out of the stomach?

'Why is he so confident...?'

It was true that Raniero cares quite a bit about running the empire. However... it was only a means to maintain the undisputed power of the Emperor. Because being at the top of the empire, you can do a lot of fun things (such as wars!)

The Empress was negligent and asked for an outrageous budget?

In Raniero's thought circuit, it's just a matter of modifying the budget. With his powers, reviews and corrective orders only take less than a few minutes.

Though if the Empress resisted the corrective order or secretly embezzled money that was not permitted, it would be a little problematic from then on.

'So, right now, this is...'

For Raniero, the Vice Minister was making a fuss over nothing, and what should have been a few minutes of corrective order had become something noisy.

'This is too dangerous.'

Not only that. In my opinion, the logic of Marquis Jacques was also strange.

Should he be accustomed to the Emperor?

For Emperor Raniero Actilus, all judgments are made with a 'no fun is a crime' type of attitude in short. The most important thing for Raniero is whether or not it is fun. However, Marquis Jacques was trying to 'persuade' Raniero with the 'justice' that it was important to the empire.

'Why is he doing that?'

Doesn't everyone know Raniero's brain? What's wrong with him?

For a moment, I was bewildered, and lightning struck in my head.

Don't tell me...

'Am I the only one who knows Raniero's head from the perspective of a third-person omniscient writer...?'

So this person, who was a servant, was 'misunderstanding' thinking that Raniero might be cruel, and pleasure-seeking, would care for the empire?

Doesn't he think that the prosperity of the empire will be nothing more than a means of the pursuit of pleasure for him...?

...Doesn't he know that Raniero must be humiliated or insulted in order to trample on someone with no actual damage, just to the point of disgrace?

Without realizing it, I lifted my body a little and glanced at Raniero.

He was already looking at my movement. Narrowing his eyes little by little, a smile crept across his lips.

His eyes seemed to say this...

'Come on, you.'

His blood-red eyes twinkle.

'I think I'm going to get angry. At least, try to entertain me.'

As I looked back at the hat of Marquis Jacques lying next to me, a series of lightning bolts of insight struck me in the head.

Raniero wants to punish them... in a fun way.