Chapter 66

It felt like he had been lifted up and thrown down onto a feathered grave. Even though his whole body was sweaty and slippery, he didn't hate it at all.

Rather, he liked the stickiness.

Everything about this moment gave only ecstasy as his wife willingly surrendered herself to the pleasure. As the action reached its climax, he felt alive as every tactile cell in his body became stimulated.

Angelica knew the magic spell that would feed them.

"Ah, I love you... I love you, Your Majesty..."

A voice mingled with rapid breathing clung to Raniero. He didn't understand what the emotion was since the God Actilla hadn't taught him about love. Still, he knew that the words would spread like wildfire and make him drunk. Even though he had never been drunk, he thought he might feel this way if he took all the strong liquor at once.

It was pleasant to hear, even more so because it was his wife's voice...

As the bed sheets crumpled under the weight of their weight, Angelica clung to him so close that she couldn't get any closer. He was satisfied with the way the shape of her eyebrows changed and the direction in which her hair scattered with every movement he made.

Raniero was more vehement than ever.

He liked the way his wife clung to him as she lost herself in the heat as she seemed to entrust her everything to him. Perhaps, that was what the word love meant.

A watery voice whispered once more.

"I love you..."

Raniero felt like he was falling into a bottomless pit.

It wasn't so bad. He wanted to go further down.

˚ ·: * ✧ * :· ˚

"If it's not real, the Emperor will be suspicious. I've heard he's good at recognizing lies."

"It's hard to doubt what you want to believe, if you're human."

If you're human.

Sylvia emphasized again.

˚ ·: * ✧ * :· ˚

Angelica caught her breath as she slumped in Raniero's arms.

Glancing off into the distance over his firm shoulder, she soon met eyes with a face that didn't lose its heat. When he bent his head toward her, her dainty lips greeted him as heat rose again where they were still engaged.

"I love you..."

Even though she said she loved him, Angelica didn't want Raniero to hear it.

˚ ·: * ✧ * :· ˚

A chilly silence passed.

"The Empress and I are leaving Actilus."

As Eden finally confessed, Sylvia trembled in rapture.

"And after that?"

Eden said no more.

He was going to kill the emperor with the hand of the woman he would love... and then, they would go back to where they came from.

The words lingered on his tongue before being swallowed back down his throat again.

˚ ·: * ✧ * :· ˚

The residual heat of the flames that burned the night crawled over Raniero's skin during the day.

He couldn't fully concentrate on preparing for his long-awaited expedition. It was because of the illusion of a distorted white face and the hallucinations of a few syllables clinging to him sweetly. Leaning to the left, he closed his eyes and listened to the words being exchanged.