Chapter 56

At that moment, there was nothing but a faint cry.

I thought I could understand why Sylvia had confided in me so suddenly.

In fact, both from my point of view and Sylvia's 'sudden' point of view, it must have been an explosion of something that she had been suppressed and endured for a long time... the sense of camaraderie that came from being someone who had gone through the same thing.

The desperation to know if I also had the same thoughts.

However, because of my position, she couldn't bear to ask and bury her feelings for the past few months. Though the favor I had done her had become the key to the last lock that stood in her way.

Sylvia finally let go and cried like a child.

"Your Majesty, please save me..."

I was a little embarrassed and patted Sylvia.

It was forbidden as an Actilus to show weakness to others.

Wasn't that the first thing Duchess Nerma warned me about when I was preparing for the social gathering? Unlike me, Sylvia, an Actilus from birth, should know better than I do. Yet she was crying, showing her most delicate part.

Was it because I had the belief that if it were me, I wouldn't be shaken by that weak figure as a weakness?

This trust was a little heavy for me.

Still, it reassured me a little with the fact that she had harbored a sense of camaraderie for me, not resentment. The possibility of her poisoning my food was now gone as well.

I spoke cautiously to Sylvia, who was crying and weeping.

"I'm sorry about the strategy His Majesty used."

Sylvia's grip on the hem of my clothes tightened as she opened her mouth.

"His Majesty the Emperor..."

She uttered in a hushed voice.

"He must've done it because it was fun."

I couldn't help but agree.

It may be an effective strategy, but the biggest reason Raniero chose it would be because it was interesting.

He was much more of a hedonist than an efficient one.

Meanwhile, I was a little surprised that Sylvia was grasping it. Even her brother, Henry Jacques, couldn't penetrate his point and ended up dying.

She stopped crying after a while.

Still, Sylvia kept a respectful distance away from me. She was staring at my face with embarrassment before she whimpered and smiled softly.

"I've seen His Majesty's treatment of Her Majesty."

Hearing such a thing through Sylvia's mouth made my face heat up. I unconsciously turned my face down to avoid her gaze.

"He really cares for you. I was surprised by his meticulousness."

"Is that so..."

"I've studied everything about His Majesty the Emperor."

Once the most promising empress candidate, the words coming out of her mouth had weight. I only nodded cautiously, lowering my voice as she continued.

"He only relents to Your Majesty."

Embarrassed, I decided to open my mouth to tell her to stop saying her words.

"I never thought that His Majesty could do that."

However, for some reason, thorns sprouted from Sylvia's sweet voice. I shut my mouth and gazed straight into her eyes.