Chapter 60

Cisen opened the note.

"Give the book to Paladin Eden and also give the emergency money you brought with you to him as well. We will be fleeing the Empire in December. Inform Eden of this. We must move with Eden when fleeing. He's a colleague. Communicate the need for a liaison."

Her heart sank at the scrawled writing. In particular, the second line caught Cisen's eye for a long time.

Was she planning to run away from the Empire? Why all of a sudden? So far, her master has been adjusting well. In addition, It was obvious to anyone with eyes to see how much the infamous emperor cared for her master.

The summer solstice and defending herself, obviously... it was undoubtedly harsh on Angelica. If her master had cried, saying that she couldn't do it anymore and asked to leave then, then she might have understood. But after trying so hard to fit in, she finally got stability with her hands... yet leaving after getting what she aimed for?

For Cisen, her master's decision wasn't understandable at first glance.

Fearing that someone might see Angelica's note, she immediately swallowed it and destroyed it before heading to find Eden. The paladin, looking very tired, took one look at Cisen and, without surprise, led her to a secluded spot.

That's great. I've been wondering how to reach out to her."

He must have already guessed that Angelica would reach out to him.

Regarding this man, what her master had said before and what she had confided in now were different. She expressed that she contacted him out of curiosity about the Saint of Tunia, but now he was her colleague to run away with...?

'Why, for what reason, did she choose this guy to be her colleague?'

It was full of things she didn't understand.

Even more so, Eden's seemingly calm and natural demeanor added to the confusion. Still, Cisen held out the book to Eden, barely resisting the urge to spill the questions.

"It was taken from the old sanctuary, and Her Majesty told me to return it to the temple."

As he narrowed his eyes and opened the book, his hand stopped as he turned the page. Contrary to his delicate face, his gnarled hands pulled out a note that must have been written by Angelica.

At first glance, it seemed that the contents of the book were all blank.

The book was blank, even for Eden. However, the note left by Angelica revealed what this book was.

"Flowers Bloom In The Abyss was in the old sanctuary, but it appears blank to the Emperor. Check the author's words."

Even though he tried to check the author's words, there was nothing he could do because the book was a blank slate to him as well.

He closed the book.

"I've received the book, but could you tell your master that the contents are blank?"

Wh-what is your relationship with Her Majesty?"

As Cisen asked in a confused manner, Eden frowned and gazed at her.

"It's not an unfaithful relationship."

"Her Majesty..."

Cisen's voice dropped abruptly.

She's planning to run away with you... in December."

"Hm?"

As Eden's eyes grew round, Cisen's stomach felt as if it was about to explode. A few seconds later, his assessment was even more tepid.