Chapter 65

Sylvia's heart began to pound in her chest.

'I know that man...'

His hair was shaved so badly that his scalp was visible, so people without keen eyes might not recognize him, but that wasn't the case for her.

...He was apparently a paladin of the Temple of Tunia.

Even among the Knights of Actilus, there were rumors that he wasn't ordinary and the paladins were often looking for him because he was away so often that she remembered him.

The man behind the window hurriedly drew the curtains. Still, it was already too late.

'Why is a paladin from the Temple of Tunia here... and looking like that?'

Sylvia picked up a light stone from the ground as it flew quickly from the side of her ear. It hit squarely by the window through which only faint light leaked through the curtains. Since the stone was light enough that it didn't break the glass, the rock just rattled the window frame before it bounced right off.

There was no response from the inside.

But since she already expected it, that didn't disappoint her. He wouldn't be able to consistently ignore it if she kept throwing the stones anyway.

Thinking so, Sylvia picked up a half-dozen stones and glared at the window.

˚ ·: * ✧ * :· ˚

Inside the room, Eden was also staring at the curtains.

The lady-in-waiting Angelica had brought to the subjugation seemed to have the intention of continuing to throw the stones, so loud blows were heard through the window. To make matters worse, the stones hitting the window were getting heavier and heavier. It was as if he continued to ignore it, she had the will to break it altogether.

In the end, Eden finally drew the curtains temperamentally and opened the window. Sylvia, holding a stone in her hand, smirked from the alleyway where dusk descended.

"Open the door. I need to see the lady-in-waiting."

He had no choice but to open the door.

His footsteps as he left the room carried a fury he didn't know where to direct. When a thumping sound came from the room of the always cultured 'Daniel,' the maids poked their heads in, wondering what was going on.

Eden ordered them sharply.

"It's none of your business, so stop looking around and stick your head in the room."

"Daniel, what are you talking about..."

The maid, who was about to reprimand him for his cruel words, quickly dropped her tail when she saw Eden's wide eyes.

Meanwhile, it seemed that Cisen came out at the sound of footsteps on the stairs, and as her eyes locked with Eden's stony face, she seemed to realize something was wrong.

"Your coworker is outside your house."

Even though she had seven coworkers at work, Cisen quickly guessed who was visiting.

"Sylvia?"

"I don't know her name. D*mn it, I think she knows my face."

As he strode impatiently to the gate, Sylvia was already waiting for him to open the gate, with her face impassive, as if she had never done something like slinging a stone.

When the latch on the gate was unlocked, she even greeted him.

"I saw you at the temple, didn't I?"

Furious at being discovered, Eden turned and walked away without a word, but Sylvia didn't care.