Chapter 11

Chapter 11

After glancing down at Sylvia and pondering for a while, I came to two conclusions.

First, I'm not good at using my head.

Second, but I have power.

This means I have to proceed firmly. With that thought, I finally opened my mouth.

"Do you know that I am in a position where I cannot accept your request purely?"

I raised my chin slightly and spoke as calmly as possible. Hearing that, Sylvia began to tremble like a drowning rabbit.

Hey, if I keep doing that, my heart will be really weak...

Looking at her like that, I shut my eyes tightly and made up my mind.

Don't be fooled by the face. Our Emperor also has a great face, but isn't he actually the world's crazy person?

"Oh, I understand. However..."

She was now about to burst into tears.

I was slowly starting to feel a sense of crisis. What if she, who starved for five days, fainted on the spot because of this? Then, do I have to wait until she wakes up with only this gloomy feeling inside eating me up...?

Eventually, I waved my hand.

"Oh, don't cry. I'm not pushing you."

At the soothing words, she lifted her head.

The moment I saw that expression, I flinched.

She was trembling with her lips as if she had received her salvation. Needless to say, she had a face that was difficult to think of as acting.

"Your Majesty, please save me."

Her voice, which seemed to be speaking rationally until a moment ago, was mixed with pleading.

"What is the use of hiding it from Your Majesty? I was raised only for the purpose of becoming a companion if the Emperor is a man, and best maid and friend if they were a woman. Most of the time, I was confined inside the home to avoid rumors, so I, Sylvia Jacques, had no personal endowments at all."

After hearing Sylvia's words, I turned towards Cisen with a bewildered face.

She looked at me and quietly nodded her head as if she was right. It seemed that they had conducted a background check on Sylvia in advance.

No, she was sensitive to her daughter's blemishes, too, that Sylvia had been locked up in her house to avoid making her a defective product...?

It was a feast of surprise that I do not know how many times it is today.

"Now that those two have been deprived of their positions as the Vice Minister and the head handmaiden, and have fallen into lowly prey... there is no place for me to stand."

That was why my maid's seat was desperately needed.

A woman from a family that fell due to her mother attempting to frame the Empress and disturbing the Emperor's mood... No one would try to take a girl from such a family if they had any common sense.

To borrow their words, it was because their lives may end if they are mistakenly caught by the 'cold and hot' Empress.

'Ha, this is so...'

...I know very well what happens to a beautiful fallen nobleman who has nowhere to go, even more so if it was in this weak being devoured by a strong worldview.

So, there were only two people in this Empire who were certain that they would not be disadvantaged even after taking her in with compassion...

The Emperor, Raniero Actilus, with unconditional power.