Chapter 58

The author's review was short.

Unlike usual, there were no words to express gratitude to the people who helped or inspired the novel. Instead, it was only one page, which was an explanation of the worldview of the book.

If there's one immutable law in this world I've created, it's only that Actilla's godson must be destructively obsessed with the Saintess of Tunia. No matter how much these things change, the character schema surrounding them and the conflicting relationship that surrounds them, the godson of Actilla is bound to meet and cling to the saintess of Tunia.

It never changes.

The sentences I read while tracing the lines with my fingertips were a cruel confirmation.

Wanting to emphasize it so much, the author repeated the same words several times with different expressions.

Even if the godson of Actilla originally loved someone else. It's providence, it's destiny.

These words were almost as if they were piercing me, and my heart pounded uncomfortably. I took a deep breath and read through the rest of the sentence.

War and violence want to subdue mercy with their own power. It's a constant attempt to drag it down into the bloody mud.

Throughout the story, violence implores mercy.

...Even like this? Would you still stick to that hypocrisy?

Even though mercy tries to stand firm, it's not easy. An eventual fall awaits her.

Still, violence couldn't rejoice in its depravity. This is because the blade of the mercy gripped toward violence. Raniero ended up like that, and the empire collapsed...

My legs gave out, and I fell down.

'Ah.'

As my mind went blank, it was as white as a blizzard.

I didn't know what emotions to feel. Nonetheless, I knew what to do. I was finally able to make up my resolve only now.

'...Let's run away.'

There really was no other answer. It felt like all the last remaining doubts and lingering feelings were falling away. I didn't have enough guts to ignore the original author's kind commentary on the worldview. It would be harder to ignore if it didn't originally exist in the first place. Even if everything else changed, even if Raniero's heart were with someone else, he would still be obsessed with Seraphina... what more could I do?

I closed the book and quickly turned the pages. Only a few familiar sentences caught my eye while the rest slipped away like sand in my hand.

"Ha."

Each one was about how Raniero blindly indulged Seraphina.

"Son of a b*tch..."

As the fog that had clouded my mind was washed away, a strange sense of betrayal came over me even though, in reality, no one had betrayed me yet. A scoff escaped my lips, and I flipped through the book over and over again.

What was this? Even though I couldn't find a way to return to the original world, I made an unexpected profit.

...If this could also be called profit.

My energy was drained and I didn't feel like looking for anything more, so I really wanted to go back. But all of a sudden, a hand came out from over my shoulder.

"Euuuaaaak...!"

I jumped up, but the next moment, I froze.

The smell of smoke and bark brushed against the tip of my nose. Until a while ago, he was the man who cut my throat because he wanted Seraphina so desperately in the book.