Chapter 54

Chapter 54

The old abandoned sanctuary had become a nest of beasts as demonic beasts who sought human land and laid eggs in the sanctuary... it was terrible blasphemy.

Raniero muttered intriguingly.

"That's why the scouting party was so close."

Eden agreed. It seemed that the beasts knew that humans would come up.

As he cast his gaze toward the sanctuary, the old sanctuary stood alone in the open field. If they could see it from here, it meant that the beasts could see them from there as well. Needless to say, quick combat was inevitable.

The commander of the paladins of Tunia, who was watching the movement through binoculars, muttered.

"...Damn it, some of them have already hatched."

At those words, several paladins, including Eden, immediately put their binoculars to their eyes.

Among the busy mother beasts, things like leather sacks lingered. The newborn monster was born, and its bones remained in pieces until it ate. It was only after their first meal that the skeleton was built with terrible pain.

Pulling the reins of the warhorse that was about to jump out at any moment, Raniero asked the commander.

"Have you ever watched a baby beast hatch in front of your eyes?"

That couldn't be the case. The demonic beast's eggs were deserted after they hatched. When the commander shook his head, Raniero smiled.

"You'll see today."

"Wait, what are you talking about?! Are you planning to hatch a demon?"

"Yes."

"Godson of Actilla, the reason you're here...!"

"Don't try to teach me."

Raniero responded with a cold voice to the commander, whose voice was raging. Soon, a bright smile spread across his beautiful face.

"If you really want, get down on your knees and beg like last time."

The commander gnashed his teeth. However, he had no choice but to give the initiative to the knights of Actilus.

It was because the Archbishop had warned him that if he didn't, Raniero might become uncooperative. When he remembered how even the archbishop had to kneel in front of this villain, he couldn't make the archbishop's humiliation in vain.

Still, he didn't want to be obedient and just obeyed Raniero's instructions.

Turning his head away, the commander expressed his small refusal by falling apart from the group. Nonetheless, Actilla's godson didn't care about that. He just shook his head as if thinking about something and then smiled.

"Kill the hatchlings and capture the mothers alive. Don't touch the eggs."

At the instruction of unknown meaning, the paladins, as well as the knights of Actilus, only glanced at each other.

Catch the mothers alive? Why?

"Ten infantrymen will be entering the sanctuary. Deliberately expose your presence to the beasts and lure them into an open area. If we can pull them out, we win."

As he listened to his words, Eden stepped forward a little and looked at his profile. It was because he thought that if he checked whether Raniero was happy or bored, he might be able to vaguely guess the purpose of giving such an order.

Raniero's expression was full of anticipation, like a child waiting for the holiday.

"...He's having fun."