Chapter 57

Permission to read the collections of the great library was given too easily. It was so easy that I had to check again just in case I had heard it wrong.

"Can I really read any book...?"

The next moment, as I was regretting it while thinking that I shouldn't have asked again, a benevolent laugh escaped grandfather Archbishop's mouth which sounded like thunder out of the blue.

"All the books that are difficult for outsiders to see have already been moved to the current sanctuary."

Hearing that, I froze.

'There isn't anything left?!'

In addition, the fact that they took important books from the old sanctuary means that the classification of books was being done quite well, so there was no way that a forbidden book would remain in such a place.

Well, what if the priest, whose spirit of inquiry was stronger than his faith, hid it secretly...

Only the thought that Eden might have misplaced it grew.

But really, because of these 'one in a million odds,' I couldn't give up searching the sanctuary. Could there have been a priest who really immersed himself in the search for the world's logic, even at the cost of blasphemy? The odds were really low, though.

...Would it be low enough to be possessed into a romance novel after leaving an angry review?

The sanctuary's 'large library' was a rather embarrassing scale to be called a large library. It seemed that there was an exaggeration to inspire faith.

I moved slowly between the bookshelves that looked like they would collapse if I touched them the wrong way. There was nothing special about the stone walls, bookshelves, books, wooden desks and chairs, as well as the slime and bodily fluids of the monsters.

The neglected paper smelled of mold, perhaps because the insect eggs were around as well.

'Hm.'

I thought as I put my hands behind my back.

'I'll have to look at it starting tomorrow.'

I should also wear gloves when I come tomorrow.

I visited the abandoned sanctuary every day.

Although the size of the library was shabby compared to the imperial library, it was much more difficult to read since it wasn't as well organized as the imperial library, and most of the books were difficult to read because their covers were damaged by wind, rain, and sunlight.

At first, I was really at a loss, but I had no choice but to start classifying them because I thought there was no way but to empty my head and work.

The grandfather's archbishop offered to help, but I politely declined.

While it would be easier with help, I thought that if I found a suspicious book, it would end up in the hands of the Temple of Tunia immediately.

To be honest, I thought I could do this even if I didn't find anything. In this environment full of books with unknown titles of similar height, I didn't think Eden would have found anything either. So, in the end, I decided to just think of it as a pastime and carefully picked out a book from one shelf and started to check it.

Soon, it had been a week since I spent time in the sanctuary's great library.

Most of the books I found here were boring doctrinal books or piety essays about the incarnation of the God Tunia. There were also quite a few ordinary books as well. When I found 「 History of Actilus 」, which was also in the imperial library, I was glad for nothing.