Chapter 62

As I was preparing to go out with Cisen, I could feel my chest tighten as if it were being squeezed. Because of that, the ladies-in-waiting kept glancing at me as my expression hardened with tension.

...If I go to Cisen's house today, I'd meet Eden.

When I heard from Cisen that Eden would be coming to Actillus, I wondered how he would come here. I was then horrified when I found out about the method he took. He confessed his 'sin' to the archbishop, which induced a short-term banishment. An exiled paladin returned after wandering in disgrace for several months... it was a label that would remain with him for a lifetime.

From that incident, I could see how much Eden was perturbed to return to the original world.

'He's really bold. He really doesn't care about his position or honor in this world...'

As a timid person, I admired his ability to act, but I was also a little scared of him. It was because it seemed that he would literally not choose any means.

'He can't be as frightening as the Emperor, but...'

Raniero still didn't suspect anything.

I've been noticeably weaker mentally these days, and luckily the nightmares I've been having seemed to be a sufficient explanation for him. In addition, even though I wondered if he would find Cisen's independence suspicious, I was relieved to find that he was surprisingly easy to convince. So from now on, he would think nothing of me going to her house often.

Cisen's house was a small mansion near the Imperial Palace. It was a small mansion, to say the least, but it was lavishly decorated and paid for itself. When I arrived, all the employees of Cisen came out and bowed to me, and I counted their heads.

Well, ten in total.

In the meantime, there was one person who stood out, even when he was bowing his head.

My heart pounded like it did when I hadn't slept in a long time. At the same time, trying not to show it as much as possible, I followed Cisen into the room while she gave instructions in a cold tone, completely unlike how she had treated me.

"I assume the refreshments for the Empress are ready? Daniel, bring them upstairs."

Eden, who was called Daniel, politely replied, 'Yes.'

Sitting in Cisen's sunny parlor, I waited for him as Cisen drew back the curtain and glanced at me uneasily. Soon, Eden came in with Cisen and my share of refreshments.

As he set his refreshment plate down on the table and looked at me, he was the first to break the silence.

"Good to meet you. It's been a while."

I nodded my head slightly.

"How have you been doing?"

"Good, and you?"

"I'm okay. The emperor is doing well, too."

"I see. You look a little emaciated."

I sighed as I was able to be honest here.

"We don't have a lot of time."

There were only two months left before the original novel began. While Eden had some time after the original started, I would die right in the prologue.

As long as it was decreed that Raniero should fall in love with Seraphina like the providence of the world, my heart couldn't be at peace. But right now, all I could do was make sure that Raniero didn't suspect me. However, as my expression darkened and my health deteriorated, Raniero increased the amount of time he stayed by my side so it was impossible for me to actively organize anything.