Chapter 66 Zhao Xingchen

Until the starship's hatch closed, the silence in the cabin was enough to suffocate a dragon.

Shen Mian was holding Gian. He was calm on the surface but was already filled with questions on the inside- what's this all about?

He Xing felt quite suffocated. He also didn't know what weird thoughts were filling his dean's mystical little head right now, so he could only try to explain. "It's like this. Vick is an officer, part of my entourage, but he's a civilian and doesn't follow me into battle. I used to stay at the base or go on missions all year long and I didn't even go home much. I rarely see Vick."

"We really, really aren't familiar."

Shen Mian could feel He Xing's desire to live but was completely confused as to what kind of life he was begging for and slightly frowned. "I know... so what are you trying to explain?"

He Xing, "..."
He understood, his dean didn't think anything was going on between him and Vick.

Shen Mian picked up Xing Fei, fixed up her little skirt and introduced them to Vick. "This is Xing Fei and Gian, my little dragon cubs."

Of course Vick knew. He would watch Shen Mian's live broadcast whenever he had time and he knew all the little dragon cubs in the centre.
Vick stiffened a bit while facing the blinking eyes of the little dragon cubs. "I'm Vick."

Gian held Xing Fei's hand. "Hello, Uncle Vick."

Vick tried his best to look less businesslike. "...The room opposite His Highness's room has been arranged for you. There's a call system next to the bed, so if you need anything on the starship, you can call me."

Xing Fei smiled at Vick.

Vick relaxed a little and slightly bowed towards Shen Mian and He Xing. "The starship is expected to launch at 8:20. There will be a lot of violent shaking so please pay attention to ensure your safety."

Shen Mian, "Okay, we've troubled you."

Vick's eyes slightly lit up. "Then I will now take you and the dragon cubs..."

He Xing scrambled for the job at lightning speed. "No need, you must be exhausted coming here with the starship. I'll take them over, you can get some rest."

Vick wanted to say he wasn't exhausted, but his boss had spoken and he couldn't involve too many selfish motives while working, so he nodded, bowed and left.

He Xing pushed Shen Mian. "Let's go look at the room."

This was He Xing's private ship, so aside from the accommodation area, most of it provided amusement facilities, such as the second floor which had a built-in mock battle arena, the third floor which had a swimming pool, and the fourth floor which had a large kitchen... though most of the areas were disabled since He Xing didn't have time to drive around in it.

The little dragon cubs' room was purposefully tidied up but because He Xing told them at such short notice, they had no time to change the bed to ones specifically for dragon cubs.

Vick had prepared a room for Shen Mian that was next to the dragon cubs' room. The only room across the corridor from them was He Xing's.

When He Xing found this problem, his head was full of questions: What? Can't you give me an assist?

Actually, Vick didn't have any selfish motives. He Xing had a bedroom on the top floor, but there was only one room on that floor. Even if Shen Mian and He Xing stayed in the same room, wouldn't the two little dragon cubs have to stay on the floor below? So they could only be arranged to stay in the accommodation area and because He Xing himself had disliked that the rooms below were small when he came on the starship, he stubbornly opened all the rooms, resulting in only two rooms remaining in his row- one was for He Xing to stay in and the other one was a small compartment opposite miscellaneous things.