Chapter 116 Extra - Apocalypse

Three buses sped through the empty streets, with guards with rifles standing in front of the large windows. When the last bus passed by the hospital, a mutant zombie sprang out of the door, on all fours, breathing when it approached the bus. It then suddenly jumped up, its hideous canine teeth and beastly face fell through the window clearly into the retinas of the living people inside the bus.

The security guard guarding the window twitched his eyebrows- if the head as hard as iron hits at this speed, the bus's window will definitely block it!

The guard took a deep breath and raised his gun, already ready to be bitten as soon as he shoots.

Suddenly the guard was waist heavy, the whole person was pushed a few steps away. A young man slammed open the window. The guard's eyes widened and pupils constricted, the scream stuck in his throat. When the tremor came out, the man lifted the knife across the window. A thin layer of silver light was flowing on the knife, almost dazzling in the sun.

The guard subconsciously closed his eyes. When he realised that the situation was dangerous, he quickly opened his eyes and saw the head with open eyes rolled to his feet. The guard's adam's apple rolled, looked up at the man in a white t-shirt flick his wrist, the sticky blood on the knife flew out the bus window.

The man lowered his eyes, flicked his wrist and the tip of the knife picked up and threw the head out of the window, while pulling the window shut with his hand, locking it.

The guard's tolerance was strong and he quickly came back to his senses. "Thank you, Leader Shen."

Shen Mian, "You're distracted."

This was the first time the guard had followed the team out on such a long mission. The high intensity of continuous vigilance indeed has made him exhausted. Hearing Shen Mian, he hung his head in shame. "Apologies, I will pay attention."

The guard felt Leader Shen's line of sight pause on him, the dirt on him immediately jumped up wildly- he was going to be scolded, he was going to be scolded! If he was scolded by Leader Shen this mission... would he still have any face to return back to the base?

Team Leader Shen, the strongest person in the entire base, stayed outside the base all year round and was responsible for cleaning up the zombies, mutant plants and animals near the base. Over the past few years, he had saved half of the warehouse's bullets and shells, so their base was also the fastest expanding base of several bases around. In the near and far several bases, he had the title of human-shaped thermal weapon.

If he was scolded by Leader Shen... would other small teams still want him?
The suspected reprimand did not come, but instead, he heard the sound of the knife going back into its sheath. The guard quietly looked up, Team Leader Shen had put away the knife and walked towards the last row, closing his eyes and taking a nap. The long knife was placed horizontally on his knee. The sheath was pure black and placed in his hands, the blue veins on the back of his cold white hand were slightly raised.

He frowned slightly, leaning on the backrest. The curtains moved with the bus, casting a shaky shadow on his face.

The guard couldn't help thinking: Was he tired? This mission took nearly back and forth and Team Leader Shen kept a high level of vigilance. Iron robots had to be oiled, let alone a living person. He was already exhausted even though he switched shifts, but Leader Shen had not switched shifts with anyone for ten days.

While he was in a daze, a middle-aged guard in a chair patten his shoulder. "I've rested enough, I'll switch with you."

The guard hastily refused, "It's okay, Uncle Zhang, I can hold out."

The middle-aged man, "We're about to arrive at the cleaning area. There is a patrol team over there and there will basically be problems. You should rest for a while."