1. Beginning

The sky was pure blue, the scorching sun shrouded the earth in a golden yellow, and more than a dozen cars of different brands roared in the driveway on the edge of the city.

Behind the last car gathered all the chasing zombies in the city. They were roaring, dragging their heavy bodies and chasing at the speed of ordinary people. The end of the world began to move like an old man. The only thing that could make them crazy is the deadly life. The human body, the only thing that can make them resist the hunger from the stomach.

The car driving the road ahead was a modified Hummer, with the founder and core staff of the team sitting inside.

The scar that extends from the forehead to the chin The man is holding a cigarette, his two heavy eyebrows are wrinkled together, and the scarred face because the wound is too deep, with the man's movements, looks hideous and terrifying, this man is the founder of the team , called Daolong.

Daolong lowered his smooth head, and his mind turned a few times. The zombies were hanging behind them. They couldn't kill so many zombies with insufficient ammunition, not to mention that now the car oil is as tight as the food.

"Big brother, let's abandon some people in the town ahead to give us time to escape. Now the zombies are evolving fast. With this speed and not much bullet fuel, they will be wiped out sooner or later!"

The man who spoke on the co-pilot was this Lin Da, the newly-promoted military division of the team, only started to be active in the base because of his advice.

This time they took on the task of collecting food and saving survivors from the base.

The reward for the rescue mission was a can of oil for 100 people. They saved more than 500 people in total, and the two cars were stuffed with food.

Daolong thought about it for a while, and was quite unhappy in his heart, and his voice was a little hoarse:

"Does anyone else have any opinions?"

In addition to the military officer in the car, the other five people nodded in agreement. After all, they have to live and abandon some people. In exchange for the survival of a group of people, it can be regarded as a reward for the team's hard work to save people.

They have been grinding and rolling in the apocalypse for a long time, and they have seen bloody scenes. How could they care about this when human nature has begun to distort? If the civilized society before the apocalypse has not happened, they may still care.

Now? The strong survive, the weak are swallowed and abandoned.

The sun began to move westward, and the convoy reached the small town.

The sound of the crash in the town was dead, and the zombies in the town gathered towards the convoy when they heard the sound. Most of the zombies were hit by the car and ran under the wheel to end this long life force.

The bus dedicated to carrying the wounded occasionally heard a few whispers of pain, the car was turbulent from time to time, and the wounds of the wounded opened in the turbulence.

Yanyun gritted her teeth, untied the cloth strip on her right thigh, and re-bandaged the wound on the bumpy slope. The weather was hot and the wound was already inflamed.

Sucking on the turbid breath inside the car, Yan Yun finally got used to the pain, and stared confusedly at the mourner who leaned in front of the window, with her rotting hands outstretched and constantly slapping the window.

But in the next second, he was taken down strongly by the car, and he fell upside down on the ground and was run over by the car behind him.

A dark red blood spurted on the window and began to flow down.

Yan Yun's dirty little face couldn't see her original appearance, and the corner of her mouth curled into a light smile, laughing at the zombie who didn't know the pain and only knew how to rush forward, and was finally crushed to death.

Sitting next to Yan Yun was a thin old woman with countless wrinkles on her face, her cloudy eyes full of distress.

"Xiaoyun, it hurts."

If it wasn't for her, the old woman, to get on the car.

Thinking of this, Mrs. Cai's articulated fingers trembled and wiped away the pea-sized sweat from Yanyun's forehead.

At that time, some people didn't understand why Yan Yun wanted to help an old woman who was half into the loess, thinking that she would still have the so-called Virgin Mary's Heart Knot in the last days... The car stopped after driving for a few minutes.

From the front came the screams of women and the cries of children.

The man raised his gun and shot several times, except for the child's cries of unknown truth, the old man and some women who were pulled out shut up, they didn't know what these people were going to do.

"Get out of the car!"

"Get out of the car! Otherwise, Laozi will destroy you!"

Several tall men with guns pulled the frail men and women out of the car, and finally arrived at the bus carrying the wounded. A dozen old people.

There were about 40 people in the bus they were in, and Yan Yun got off the bus with the help of Mrs. Cai.

The empty seats were immediately seated by uninjured people who got off from other cars, and everyone who got off the car at this moment reacted immediately.

They were abandoned!

"Why abandon us!"

Several women asked around the man with the gun.

Some people or knocked on the closed doors, trying to get back into the car.

The people outside the car dispersed instantly, and Yan Yun pulled Madam Cai to walk to the house not far away, as long as they got in, they might have a chance to live!

"The zombies are coming!"

A man ran at the end, shouting loudly.

The sound of the car starting was heard everywhere, and a car started to drive forward ignoring the people calling for help. Some people rushed in front of the car, hoping that her obstruction would be effective to allow the driver to open the door.

But the next second with a "bang", the person blocking the car was hit to the ground.

The roar of the zombies is getting closer and closer, and the people who are driven out can't hide quickly except those who are injured, and can only wait for death in place like resignation.

Yanyun was knocked to the ground and made a short cry of pain. In the confusion, a pair of hands came from the side, grabbed her arm, and a trembling and frightened voice entered Yanyun's ears.

"Xiaoyun, get up!"

Yanyun was moved and anxious, she pushed Madam Cai's hand: "Grandmother, go away, leave me alone!" She looked down at her injured foot.

How could Mrs Cai agree, she shook her head and insisted on pulling Yan Yun away together.

The zombies approached, they roared excitedly, chased the scattered humans, showed their sharp fingers and teeth, and bit the humans who were thrown to the ground by them.

As soon as Yan Yun pushed Madam Cai away, she was crushed to the ground by several zombies. When her body was torn by sharp fingers and teeth, the pain filled her entire nerves.

Yan Yun, whose vision began to blur, looked at the old man, child, and woman who had been abandoned as bait by the zombies who were crushed on the ground torn and bitten by her.

"Don't!"

"Save my child!"

"Mom!"

Their ears filled with panic and despair over the roar of the zombies.

Consciousness gradually lost, and she finally closed her eyes.

In the last touch of consciousness, she sighed that the feeling of being bitten by someone was so bad, so painful, and deep inside...