Friendly Match

Trevor watched as the bald man, who everyone addresses as the principal, lectured him about how "inappropriate" his behaviour was. He felt hypnotised by the shiny head of the principal. It looked like an egg. A shiny egg. It looked so breakable. He could almost see his reflection on it.

Does he oil it everyday?

The thought made him smirk.

"Is something amusing you, Mr Hillinger?" The principal asked, quirking up an eyebrow, already tired out by lecturing.

Trevor visited the principal's office on a daily basis and he had already gotten weary of seeing the same face every single day.

The principal was running out of advice to give Trevor. There was nothing he could say or do to make this boy stop causing trouble. The worst part was, it was really hard for anyone to get stuff through that thick skull of his. It's a miracle if anyone managed to do that.

"Nope" Trevor said popping the 'p'. He was still smirking.

The principal shook his head and let out an exhausted sigh. "I don't see any point in trying to talk sense into you, Hillinger. You may leave now"

Trevor gave himself a curt nod and turned around on the heels of his shoes. He walked to the door and turned the door knob.

He got out of the principal's office and stretched his arms, popping some bones. The door closed behind him with a low click.

He knew he had math class in room 112 and he was already feeling sleepy, just by the thought of it.

Sure, math teachers sing the best lullabies ever...

He was not in a mood to listen to that lullaby. So he decided to go and smoke somewhere peaceful.

•••

Trevor sat at the foundation in front of the school. According to him, that was the only peaceful place in that crowded school full of nerds and grumpy teachers.

He tensed up a bit as he felt foot steps approaching him.

He really didn't want one of his teachers to catch him smoking. Not because it would make him seem like a rogue and bad, but because he didn't want to be sent to the principal's office again. It hasn't even been ten minutes since he stepped out of that bald head's office. Moreover, it stinked of discipline in there. And he hated it.

"Dude!" Trevor choked on his cigarette as his best friend planted a playful, yet painful and heavy punch on his back. He hated it when he did that. Catching him off guard and all.

"Conner! Stop doing that" Trevor said through gritted teeth as he grabbed Conner's hand and flipped it back, earning a squeaky yelp from him.

"Ow ow ow ouchie owww" Conner knew very well how much Trevor hated it when he punched him on the back. But he just could not help doing it every time he saw him. Even though it always ended him up with a black eye for the least. It was fun.

"I thought you were in class. So I went to check and you were not there. Then I wandered the whole school, searching for you. Are you not a lucky champ to have such a great and amazing friend like me? Blink, blink, blink, blinkety, blink, blink, blink" Conner said waving his hand around wildly, and furiously batting his eyes for the last part.

"What is it that you want, Kon? And were you really just saying 'blink'?" Trevor shook his head at how silly his pal was and started to take another puff of his cig.

"Well, since you asked, I ran out of cigarettes and thanks" Conner grabbed the cigarette off of Trevor's hand.

"Conner, you asshole, I was about to take a puff!" Trevor never likes it when someone interrupt what he was doing. And Conner just happens to interrupt everything he does. And he hated him for that.

"Oh yeah? Poor you" Conner mock pouted and jumped up from his spot before Trevor could grab him.

The both of them burst out into a fully blown fight. Well, it was more like a friendly match because they were both pulling their punches. But to someone watching the show from the outside, it was clearly a fully blown fight because, even though they pulled their punches, they still managed to give each other's skin a shade of purple. Anyone who is watching would definitely cringe at the sight and would only have them mistaken for vicious rivals.

They wrestled for a pretty few minutes, each of them giving each other a fair share of punches and kicks.

In the end, they were both grinning like silly goofballs. Like they were enjoying some inside joke.

Trevor kicked Conner in the gut and grabbed his neck, putting his head in a lock. Just as he was about to make himself drop to the ground with Conner in a head-lock, a small group of boys came running towards them, seemingly to "stop the fight".

Oh, how he hated to be interrupted like that...