Ignore Him At All Costs

The day was a normal school day. If the parts where Charlie had acted weird whenever Trevor was around, as he tried hard to avoid him, was excluded, everything was perfectly normal. He spent the day and noon hanging out with Joshua minding not to go anywhere near Trevor. Joshua had understood the task and he too had gone along with the No-Trevor plan. But how long could they keep up when Charlie had a whole two hours of detention with the guy alone?

Charlie almoat felt like making Josh doing something absurd, just so that he could take him to the detention room along with him.

Charlie sat in his usual seat in the detention classroom, glaring daggers at the spot on his table where he was furiously stabbing with his pen.

Trevor had not shown up yet. But he didn't care. He didn't want to.

"Carlton, you're making too much noise with that" Mr. Wilbert said, gesturing to what Charlie was doing. "All okay?"

Charlie stared at his teacher for a while, then nodded.

Why was he letting something so silly affect him this bad?

He shook his head and continued to think about how messed up of a guy Trevor was. He kept listing out his flaws in his head, but eventually found himself thinking about how beautiful he was despite his imperfections.

He even loved the way he clicked his tongue at everything anyone said.

Charlie felt tears prick his eyes as he dug deeper holes into the table.

Why was he a cry baby? Why did he even think he had a chance in the first place? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

He kept thinking about stuff and cursing himself for another few minutes.

Charlie soon regained his composure when he heard the door open. He didn't even care to look up. He knew who it was. Footsteps approached him and soon, he could feel the fresh scent of pine rush into his nostrils.

Damn.

Trevor plopped down on his chair with a thud. Charlie had to restrain himself from turning around to him with the goofiest smile on his face.

"He's already asleep. Wanna ditch detention together?" Trevor asked, leaning in closer to Charlie's ear.

Charlie wished he was not as sensual as he was. He wanted to tut like Trevor does when he felt like ignoring something, which was always, but however, he found himself gazing at the teacher's sleeping form.

Why on God's Earth was he reconsidering his actions?!

Before he knew it, the words slipped out of his tongue. "Yeah, sure"

"Alright, let's go" Trevor grabbed Charlie's arm and started dragging him to the door.

Charlie found himself wondering why he was doing the exact opposite of what he thought he would do.

He was supposed to be ignoring him, wasn't he?

Yet, here he was, secretely enjoying the guy's company. Maybe Trevor was just too charming to say No to. Charlie honestly didn't know how to feel about it. He could only hope that he doesn't end up regretting this very decision he had made.

A little too much for "ignore him at all cost"

Charlie heaved a sigh as he followed Trevor out the door.