The Dare

"Are you serious?" Jia asked, her tone screaming out her urge to punch Trevor's face. "First, you get him into trouble and now you are asking him to ditch detention?" She was fuming with anger, a volcano that could explode any possible moment.

"Yes" Trevor said flatly. Like usual, Conner felt the need to defend his buddy.

"Lady, there's something you need to know" he ignored it when Jia slapped away his index finger pointed at her face and continued, "First, no one asked your baby boy to use the F-word in class. And second, stop treating him like a kid, because he is not!"

"Dude, Calm down" Joshua murmured and he nudged Charlie's arm, signalling for him to do something. He was getting unbearably weary of the whole situation.

"Guys... I wanted to do this, okay? Like, I just wanted to do something fun. So can ya'll just shut it and let me have it for once?" Charlie asked as he nervously looked from Jia to Conner, his eyes pleading for approval.

After glaring daggers at Charlie for a few precious moments, Jia sighed in defeat. There was really nothing much for her to do if Charlie had his mind set on something. As much as she liked to think that she could change his mind, the truth was, she really can't.

"Okay, but I'm coming with you" Jia demanded.

Everyone looked at Trevor. It was his home they were going to and it was him who put forward the idea in the first place. And so, it was his decision to make alone.

Trevor looked given up. He heaved a heavy sigh. He had to get this over and done with. "Alright, whatever"

•••

Jia never thought she would be doing something like this. But however, she found herself having a fight with Conner over the books in Trevor's shelf.

Conner could be a total prick sometimes. But he would never, ever expose his friend to someone, unless he think it would be hilarious.

And the last thing he would want to happen is Jia finding out about Trevor's collection of those books. As much as it was one's own business what they read, the fact that it could be embarrassing still stood.

"What's the big deal? They are just some random books!" Jia argued, her arms gesturing to the bookshelf.

"Books that Trevor is emotionally attached to" Conner wasn't backing up either.

"It's not like I'm going to eat those!"

"I'm afraid you might" Conner's straight face made Jia want to punch on it. Yet she contained herself from doing so, with great effort.

She let out a muffled scream.

"You guys are so weird!" She yelled as she glared at Conner.

"Uh-uh"

"I'm going to check these Action figures anyway. No. Matter. What. You. Say" She said and turned to where Trevor kept his endless number of action figures.

"Fine. Go on" Conner said and gestured for her to go on.

"If you're done with your yelling competition, Kon, I'd like you to come over here and help me explain these to the nerds" Trevor said with two controllers in his hands, gesturing to Joshua and Charlie for the last part.

Conner hummed and walked towards the trio, eyeing Jia for one last time.

Trevor gave him a slight nod, secretely thanking him, as he sat down, to which he replied with a heart-felt grin, clearly indicating that Trevor was to pay him back later with a grant treat of food.

•••

Jia has been watching the boys for quiet sometime now. And honestly, she was so bored. She was regretting the whole decision of coming along.