Another Day Wasted

Joshua had tried his best to give Trevor and Conner lessons. But they were not even caring to listen to anything he said. The both of them just kept minding their own business, talking about something only they could understand. After a few minutes of trying, he gave up and started reading his science book, with Charlie beside him.

It was obvious that all the talking was just an act to tire him out as the other boys instantly stpped talking just as Josh started minding his own business.

Trevor was sitting opposite to Josh and Charlie with his head lying back on the chair and a book on his face to block out the light. His fingers drummed rhythmically to some imaginary melody.

Conner was trying to balance a bottle on top of the book on Trevor's face and Charlie had lost track of how many times Conner got hit by Trevor for doing so. He still didn't seem to give up though.

Now, that's dedication...

Charlie was supposed to be reading the reference books he brought along with him, but however, he found himself giggling at the silly show happening in front of him.

"Conner, don't you think it is much better to sit and study than to get hit by him?" Joshua had asked in a last attempt to convince the other boy and Conner had babbled at him in mockery, causing Joshua to turn a blind eye on anything that happened before him.

The bottle fell on to Trevor's lap for the umpteenth time and Trevor took the book off of his face with a grunt and slammed it down on the table with a thud.

He searched his pockets for something and eventually took out a lighter and held it up.

"You see this, Kon? I am going to set your dear baseball cap ablaze if you don't stop what you are doing!" He spat, his voice full of venom. For anyone listening, It was hard to think he was joking.

Conner squealed out a "No" as he put his hands above his head, protecting his dear baseball cap. He then got up and walked to Joshua and took a seat beside him. His face looked as if it belonged to a scared off puppy.

When Trevor continued to glare at him, he shrinked in his seat and gazed into Joshua's book, even though he didn't understand a thing written in there.2

"You are a rude bully" Conner mumbled with a pout.

Charlie wondered how intimidated Conner must have felt by something just as silly as--

Oh, well... That cap means a lot to him and losing it would be the last thing he would want to happen.

Trevor clicked his tongue and put the lighter back in his pants' pocket. He laid his head back on the chair. His face held an expression that looked like he was about bite someone's head off.

Charlie found his eyes linger on Trevor's face. The breeze ran through his hair and made strands of his ebony hair fall over his forehead. Trevor rubbed them back in place in the most satisfying way ever and Charlie couldn't help but wish for those fingers to run through his own hair.

Trevor let his hand rest on the table and his fingers drummed careless beats on the table. Charlie found his eyes wandering to where Trevor's hand was and his mind started registering the tiniest of features his fingers held.

Long...

His forearms looked pretty hot to him.

Slim, yet muscular and a single vein bulged out the side of his wrist and went all the way up to the crook of his elbow. For some reason, He found himself suck in air. The air felt cold against his teeth.

His thoughts went from one to another and he was staring at Trevor's hands now.

Charlie flinched when Trevor withdrew his hands from the table.

Being caught staring was the last thing he wanted to happen to him. Fortunately for him, no one noticed. He let out a sigh of relief and tried concentrating more on his science book.

Atleast, that's something he can keep his hopes up for...

The air was silent and everyone was minding their own business. Even Conner had finally stopped messing around and had, as it seemed, took a liking for reading whatever it was written in the book that Josh held.

Joshua was more than glad to share his book with the other boy.

Trvor was growing weary, by just sitting at the same spot for a long time doing nothing. "I'm out of here" he said as he stood up, stretching his arms, popping a few bones.

"Well, it is getting late anyway. Let's leave"
Joshua said as he too got up. He was quite surprised that he actually had lost track of time. The sun had already been going down.

Charlie felt so stupid.

He went there to prepare himself for the upcoming monthly tests and all he did was...

Charlie groaned and brought his head down on the table with a thud.

"Cha?" Joshua asked as he looked at his dear friend with confusion filled in his eyes.

He wondered why Charlie behaved a lot more weird these days. For some reason, he felt guilty. For not looking out for him, for not being there for him the way he expects him to. He felt bad that Charlie was no more opening up to him about anything. It was worrying him.

Charlie got up to his feet like nothing happened. He gathered his books and started making way to the school exit, not even waiting for the others.

"Yeah, let's go"

"What's up with that attitude of his?" Conner wondered out loud, but was only answered by an empty glance from Joshua.

He wasn't sure himself...