Spirit of Vengeance

"Trev!" Conner called out at the top of his lungs as he ran down the hall towards Trevor. He didn't really care if the other kids in the hall looked at him run, wondering if he was crazy. He never really did. Trevor, as always, watched him with a poker face.

Conner ran all the way through the noisy crowd of kids and up to his dear pal. The 'no running in the halls' rule of the school meant nothing to him. It was like it never even existed.

"Hey buddy, what happened between you and That guy in the halls?" Conner asked as he stopped himself by swinging on Trevor's shoulder.

"What?" Trevor stumbled back a few steps from Conner's momentum. He thought for a second about what Conner meant by what he said. Then his eyes softened in realisation and it returned to it's normal glare.

He heaved a sigh.

"I bumped into that bitch on my way back from the library" Trevor said in the most dismissive tone he could do as he shook Conner's hand off of his shoulder.

"That's it?" Conner asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. Why?" Trevor was just two seconds away from clicking his tongue and shoving Conner into the lockers to stop him from asking him unnecessary questions.

"Well....You know" Conner started, rubbing the side of his neck "Luke from Class B has been telling everyone that you guys were having a... Moment in the halls" Conner pursed his lips as he saw Trevor's expression turn into a mix of anger and vengeance.

"He said that?" Trevor already felt adrenaline pump in.

"Yeeahh?" Conner said as he wondered if it was actually the best idea to tell Trevor that.

"Okay. Let's go make that asshole choke on his own bowels and intestine" Trevor grimaced, rolling up his sleeves and combing his hair backwards with his hands.

Conner knew Trevor could easily bring down a guy or two. But it was Luke they were talking about. The guy was like eight feet tall and had shoulders as broad as the grand canyon.

That is not normal...

"Trev, hey, Trevor! wait!" Conner tried to stop him, but was too late. Trevor had already stomped his way out to the school's exit.

Cursing under his breath, Conner grabbed Trevor's backpack and his own, as he too did a little speed walking to keep up with his best friend's fast pace.

•••

Trevor knew Luke too well. He was that type of a guy who would go, hang out with his 'friends' in the streets, after school. He ditched even more classes than Trevor. And everyone feared him.

You go against him, he breaks your bone. And that was exactly what Trevor was about to do.

Conner found Trevor in front of the arcades. He tried convincing him to not mess with Luke. But Trevor's ego made him think he was the superior one there and he felt the immediate urge to prove that to his dear friend Kon.

"Kon, I'm just going to go talk to him. You can either stand by and cheer for me, or you can go home and sleep in your Sponge bob themed bedroom, you choose" Trevor told Conner as calm as he could at the moment.

"Hey! First, My bedroom is Superman-themed. Second, I know you too well, Trev. 'Talking' for you includes blood and a few broken bones for the least. And I am not going to let you go all by yourself. So,... Er... I guess,.. I guess I'll stand by and cheer for you" Conner said, his eyebrows still knotted together.

He was still worried.

Trevor found himself smiling and he gave Kon a pat on his back. His head jolted up as he saw Luke and his friends take a turn around the corner of the street. "Hey, C'mon" He grabbed Conner's hand and jogged towards the group of street rats.

"Luke!" Trevor called out as he neared the guy. "Your mama has been looking for you, man! Where have you been?!" He smirked.

Luke clenched his jaw and turned to face Trevor.

"Oopsie Whoopsie! I'm sooorryyy..... I forgot your mama is deaaadd!" Trevor sang and giggled. Conner mock gasped and covered his mouth with his hands. It only angered Luke and he balled his fist. He came running towards the duo, roaring his lungs out.

Unlike what Trevor thought would happen, Luke's friends too joined him with baseball bats and God-knows-whats.

"Uh-oh" Conner's eyes went wide as he watched the group of boys running towards them.

"Fuck, fuck... Run, run, ruunnn!" Trevor and Conner ran all the way towards the darkest part of the streets. They could only hope that they would lose Luke and his buddies off their tail.

Why on Earth did he think Luke was going to fight him alone? And picking at his weakest spot like that?! Stupid, Trevor, Stupid!

Trevor started cursing his own stupidity as he panted heavily for air to get into his lungs as he ran as fast as he could, gripping Conner's wrist tightly in one of his hands. He didn't want to leave him behind.

Once they found an alley, Trevor and Conner ran into it. They ran forward, but stopped briskly when they found it was a dead end.

"Shit" Trevor mumbled as he looked to all directions for a way to escape.

No, nothing...

"Trev, we are dead meat, man. Oh my god, Oh my God, I've got a lot of confessions to make! Mom, if anything happens to me, I want you to know I'm so sorry because I was the one who ate all the left-over pizza at night, I was the one who left the toilet seats open, I was the--" Conner's deadpanning was muffled when Trevor put a hand on top of his mouth.

"Hey, Kon. Shush! You will get out of here okay. You hear me, idiot? You. Will. Get. Out. Of. Here"  Trevor tried his best at reassuring his buddy, even though he wasn't feeling any different than him.

At least, he had to act tough.

Conner calmed down, but was still breathing heavily.

Trevor averted his gaze to his sides when long, dark shadows cast over them. Luke and his 'hench-men' looked even scarier as they blocked out the poor light that illuminated the alley way.

Trevor's eye twitched as he straightened his back, putting on a brave demeanour. "You stand by and cheer-lead. I fight" he told Conner and started rolling up his sleeves, getting all ready for a furious fight.