The Unthinkable

"Were you listening to anything I was saying?" The teacher asked as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"Er... No" Charlie felt really kind of weird on the inside as it was literally the first time in his life when a teacher had called out his name in class to say anything other than appreciate him.

The teacher sighed. "You have an upcoming test next week. Tell your friend, too" she said gesturing towards Trevor's sleeping form.

Charlie just nodded. When the teacher turned away, he poked Trevor on his side.

His eyes fluttered open and he glared at Charlie.

"Sit straight up" Charlie said in a low voice and shrugged, turning his head back to the teacher.

Trevor grumbled and sat up straight, rubbing a hand up and down his face vigourously in an attempt to rub away the sleep off his face.

It is at times like this that he realised how nice Conner is. The guy hates school even more than he does. And as much as he hated to admit it, he missed him. Like, he really missed him.

He pulled out a notebook from his bag and started drawing different shapes - circles, triangles, rectangles and a lots of other weird polygons that he couldn't quiet name. He had to kill time and get out this hell as soon as he could. And as he was stuck here, he might as well do something to keep himself from rotting away from boredom.

Trevor was peacefully drawing shapes and doodles when a hand slammed his notebook shut. He hated to be interrupted like that. He turned his annoyed gaze towards his side.

Charlie's eyes were still fixed on the front.

"Pay attention" Charlie's voice was unnaturally calm and quiet that it made Trevor want to slam his head on the table.

Trevor was getting weary of his weird behaviour. And he didn't like the way
Ms. West watched him through her rimless glass.

So he did what he thought was better. He knew what would happen if he did what he had in mind. But he found it better than being stuck in this shit hole.

"Shut the fuck up, Charles! You are driving me nuts!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, making Charlie flinch beside him.

All heads turned towards them and the teacher gasped in surprise.

"Trevor Hillinger, How dare you use such harsh language in my class? Go to the principal. Right Now" She said in a grim voice, anger and disapproval dripping off every word. If she was a cartoon charecter, her ears would be fuming right about now.

There, that was exactly what Trevor wanted. A smirk grew on his face as he turned his head and winked at Charlie.

He winked and Charlie's heart dropped. He didn't know if it was because of love or disappointment. But something clicked in his head and he snapped back with such ferocity that the teacher gaped at him in horror.

"Guess what, Trevor? Fuck you, Dickhead. You are just mad because I'm being right"

There, he had crossed the line. Charlie's heart was beating out of his chest and he could hear his blood pumping in his veins. His palms were all sweaty as an enormous grin creeped its way on to his face.

The child who everyone thought as a perfect example of a flawless being, had said the F-word.

Even Trevor's eyes went as wide as dinner plates. This was not what he wanted. Everything seemed to have backfired.

He could only stand there with his mouth half open and eyes staring down at Charlie with confusion on his face as the teacher roared her lungs out.

"Both of you. Out. NOW!"

Here goes nothing.