Detention

"What the hell were you thinking, Carlton?!" Trevor was angry. Like, if anger had a maximum value to have, he had gone beyond those values. Not because Charlie had lashed out like that. But because they had ended up having detention for the next two weeks. Together.

Everything Trevor did had backfired and now he gotta spend another two weeks with a boring nerd like Charles Carlton. That too in a room which looked so similar to a rooster's coop.

Trevor was boiling up with anger, but Charlie couldn't contain his excitement that he was howling with laughter. Their contradicting feeling just seemed to add fuel to the anger of everyone gathered there-- Jia, Josh and Conner. Well, Conner was more disappointed than angry. And Joshua was just fed up.

Charlie was quiet amused at how annoyed Trevor was. Also, what he did felt like the achievement of a lifetime. It was his first time getting detention. He could only imagine how Jia and Josh are going to chew him out for the rest of his life. They were probably going to lecture him about it even after he celebrates his fortieth birthday. But that's okay.

He was feeling good. He felt free. And happy.
This is fun.

"What the hell are you laughing for?!" Trevor wanted to punch him and dislocate his jaw. That was the amount of rage he felt at the moment.

"Trust me, Trevor. This is going to be so much fun" Charlie swung a hand around Trevor and smiled at him.

Trevor pursed his lips and annoyedly let himself free off Charlie's arm.

The guy has definitely got a screw up in the head loose.

•••

"Dude! How can you do this to me?!" Conner asked in disbelief as he put his hands on his head. He felt betrayed. He never, once in his life, had thoight that Trevor would go have detention on his own. It was not like him to do so.

Even if one of them were spared out of detention, as rare as it was, the other one would do something so absurd that the teachers would decide on the ultimate solution--Detention. But now, here he was, going to detention without him. It hurt his feelings.

"What?" Trevor could already feel a head ache coming his way.

"How could you have detention without me?" Conner asked, pushing out his lower lip in protest.

Trevor clicked his tongue and looked at Charlie who was getting chewed out by Jia and Joshua, a little farther from where he was.

"Wait, you are not outgrowing me, are you?"

"Shut up, Conner" Trevor was getting so irritated that he felt like breaking a few bones.

"No, you're supposed to say,'Conner, I can never outgrow you. Other than vertically'. You are no fun anymore" Conner pouted and waited for Trevor to react.

Trevor was so done with Conner's shit talking and ge knew that if he didn't put an end to it right now, he would never stop. He jumped off his spot and dashed towards Conner.

"Aye! There's the Trevor I know and Love!" Conner beamed as he dodged Trevor's arm that came swinging his way.

Trevor grabbed Conner by his arms and slammed him down causing him to yelp out. He picked up his baseball cap and threw it away as far as he could.

"Hey! What was that for?!" Conner asked in disapproval, getting himself off the floor.

"Burn some calories, go" Trevor said in a flat tone as he waved Conner away.

Conner scrunged his nose up and stomped off. When he made sure he was out of Trevor's reach, he turned back and called out to him. "Yo, Trevor freaking Hillinger!"

Trevor turned around with a scowl, wondering what on Earth was up.

"Take this, Bitch", Conner snapped as he held up both of his middle fingers. Before Trevor could get to him again, he ran for his dear life with all the might he had, picking up his dearest baseball cap on the way. He would never forgive himself if something happened to it.

"Are they always like this?" Jia asked with her eyebrows knotted together as she watched the two run around like mad men, making circles around the foundation. All yelling and shouting out weird names at each other.

Joshua rubbed his forehead and sighed.

"Aren't they kinda funny?" Charlie asked and regretted it almost immediately as Jia punched his arm and started lecturing him. Again.