Home

"Wouldn't your mom be mad at you?" Joshua asked Trevor as they all walked down the street to Trevor's home.

"What for?"

"You do realise you should be in school right now, don't you? My mom would chew me out if she ever heard of me ditching classes" Josh shivered at the thought of getting on the bad side of his mom. That would be the end of him if he ever did.

Trevor didn't answer the question. Instead, He just casually walked into a house, leaving two of the boys to stand there confused. Conner hoped off with Trevor.

"We're here?" Joshua asked with confusion etched on his face.

"Yepp! I can already smell pies!" Conner beamed and ran for the door, wiggling his fingers around like a wizard as he spoke.

The house looked like a typical American one owned by a middle-class family. It looked pretty cute with its buiscit brown color and tiny pots of flowering plants hanging down the side of the door.

Trevor held Conner by the collar, stopping him from running ahead of him and rang the door bell.

It was his house and no one was gonna get in before he does.

Conner tried wiggling his way out, but Trevor had a tight grip and getting out of it was no child's play.

Soft footsteps were heard on the other side of the door and soon, the door flung open.

"Trev? Ah, you brought friends! Come inside!" A plump lady, who was apparently Trevor's mom,said as she opened the door even wider for the boys to step in. Her face had a huge resemblance to Trevor's own, minus the scowl that never seemed to leave his face.
His mom had an infectious smile on her face.
And that was enough for anyone to take an immediate liking for her.

"Hey mom" Trevor said in a low voice as he gave her a tiny peck on her cheek and she smiled, a pair of dimples forming on her plump cheeks.

"Are you making pies, Mrs Hillinger?" Conner asked as soon as he stepped into the house, his voice as high and squeaky as a bird's chirp. Enthusiasm and excitement radiated off of him as he almost vibrated in place due to all the energy that built up inside of him, making him totally restless.

"Oh, Conner" The lady smiled fondly at the boy "How many times should I remind you? You can just call me Andrea. And yes, son. I am making pies"

Conner didn't mean to, but he squealed anyway as he ran all the way into the kitchen.

Trevor's mom, Andrea, chuckled at the boy's excitement.

"Uh... You guys wait here. I'll be right back" Trevor said and sped up the stairs.

"He is probably going to go clean his room. It is a mess in there" Andrea said to the two boys who just stood there awkwardly. She said so in a shushed voice, only loud enough for the boys to hear.

Charlie and Joshua nodded as they smiled at the generous lady, who was Trevor's mom.

"I don't think I've met you kids before?" Andrea tilted her head as she tried to remember if she knew the boys in any way.

Charlie observed that Trevor had a lots of mannerism that matched his mom.

"Oh, um, we weren't really good friends before a day or two. I'm Charlie Carlton and this is... Joshua Carmel" Charlie said as he gestured towards Josh, introducing themselves.

"Hm... Trevor doesn't make a lot of friends. He always likes to get in the wrong side of people" Andrea shook her head as she thought about how troublesome her child was. "He got expelled from his last school because he vandalized the school's washroom and got into a lots of fights" She sighed.

"Him and Conner seem to be great friends though" Joshua said in an attempt to change the topic from Trevor's troublesome past to something better. Turns out, it indeed was a way to change the topic.

Andrea's face brightened at the mention of Conner. "They have been pretty good friends since they were little" She started to look around the room as if searching for something. "Why don't you kids wait here? There is something I need you to see". The duo nodded and the both sighed involuntarily as Andrea made her way further into the house.

"Man, where did Conner go?" Joshua whispered to Charlie, who just shrugged. He can only imagine Conner looting the Hillingers' kitchen.

They could hear rustling and the sounds of several boxes opening and closing from the kitchen.

Soon, Andrea came in with a book in her hand. A photo album.

"There is a plenty of pictures that Trevor's father took of Trev and Kon in this. Here, have a look" Andrea beamed as she made her way to the duo and handed over the book to them.

They took the book from her and opened it. They wanted to laugh out loud. But it seemed rude to do so.

There was a picture of Trevor, no more than ten, in a halloween costume. He had a lots of weird stuff sticking out of his hair and dress. And he stood with his trademark scowl. Kon was like the complete opposite of him. He was dressed as a... Sunflower.  Excitement and joy radiated off of him. He had the widest smile plastered on his face and had an arm around Trevor's shoulders.

"Oh, and this is my favourite" Andrea beamed, pointing to a picture of Trevor giving Conner a piggy back. Trevor was just as poker-faced as ever. And Conner, was his usual joyous, enthusiastic self, clutching on to Trevor with a wide grin that threatened to tear his face in half.

"Trevooor! Your mumma is exposing us!" Conner yelled at the top of his lungs from beside Charlie, as he stretched his neck to see the photo album better from behind Charlie's shoulder.

Where did he even come from?!

Joshua yelped at the sudden voice.

"You are going to scare them away with those, mom" Trevor said gesturing to the photographs as he slowly descended down the stairs.

"Mom, could you make me some Earl Grey Tea? I'm feeling kinda sleepy" he rubbed one of his eyes with his hand and proceeded to do a little stretch, letting out a little grunt as he popped his bones.

"Right away" Andrea smiled as she made her way into the kitchen. Conner had a handful of snacks that he had grabbed from the kitchen. He carried them all up to Trevor's room.

"Yo! Stop drooling over the hot pics of my younger self. You might fall in love" Trevor tutted as he turned around to make his way up the stairs to his room after Conner.

Joshua immediately closed the photo album and  fake gagged. However, Charlie felt his cheeks burn bright red. He could only hope no one noticed. Apparently, he was lucky as Trevor was too busy making a disgusted face at Josh. And Josh was busy, well, gagging.

Trevor clicked his tongue. "Come up already"

He jogged up the stairs, with Joshua and Charlie on his tail.