Walk Back Home

As they walked down the road to Charlie's home, Trevor kept pestering Charlie about his cowardice.

Charlie just pretended not to hear. When Trevor was bored of laughing to himself, he finally stopped. Charlie had to deal with a little wheezing for a while, though.

In a few, they were walking through the cold roads illuminated by the street lights, in a peaceful and comfortable silence. Achilles kept meowing every now and then, but eventually he too fell silent when he felt comfy being pet by Trevor.

None of them said anything.

Until Charlie decided to.

"You were lying, weren't you?"

As if being woken up from a light nap, Trevor looked at him sideways. "Uh?"

"All this time... You were lying, weren't you? To me, to yourself...?" Charlie let out a little scoff.

Trevor sighed heavily. "Guess I was"

Charlie turned his head to look at Trevor. He balled his fists inside the pocket of his jacket and let go. "What for? You would have saved a lots of trouble... For the both of us"

Trevor nodded and his hair fell over his face in the most pleasing way. He took a hand and combed it back. "Y'know" he shrugged, his hand going back at petting Achilles. "I was always driven by the thought that emotions make you weak. I never felt anything other than rage and annoyance. All the time, those two emotions could be surpassed with a little involvement of blood and broken bones. Getting your fists bloody made those feelings go away. But when I met you, I felt different. I felt as if my whole life revolved around you. It was so annoying that I didn't know what to do. So I tried to shut off my feeling in hopes that it would just go away if I ignored it long enough. It didn't " he pursed his lips and gazed up at Charlie.

"Emotions... Don't make you weak. They make you who you are" Charlie saw Trevor's eyes glisten under the street light.

"Now I know" Trevor smiled weakly and Charlie smiled back. He drew him closer and kissed his head.

Charlie walked beside Trevor, putting an arm around his shoulder, ignoring the annoyed growls that Achilles made. After cooing at the cat for a few moments, it didn't mind Charlie's arm around its owner.

They walked to Charlie's house in a comfortable silence, each of them lost in their own worlds, wondering how things would have turned out if it weren't for each other.

Before they knew it, they arrived at Charlie's place.

"Are you coming in?" Charlie asked Trevor who stood on his front parlour, as he unlocked his door.

Trevor made an angry expression. "What? Don't you want me to?"

Charlie pursed his lips."That's... Not what I meant"

Trevor held his glare. Charlie unlocked his door and shoved Trevor inside the house. "Get in, you"

"Hn. Do you have something to keep my kitty busy?" Trevor enquired, looking around the house, that was almost empty.

"Er.. Guess I can give it a squeezy ball or something" Charlie sounded uncertain as he wondered if he even had a squeaky ball under his possession.

Maybe he should go out shopping more often...

"Do you have some great Disney movies? Achilles loves Disney" Trevor said and ruffled the cat's head, to which the cat replied with a meow.

"Uh... I think I may have some" Charlie eyed the weird human infront of him and walked to his movie collection. He came back with The Frozen and started playing it on the TV.

Trevor sat the cat on the couch and gave it a pat on the head. "You, sit here and watch the movie while I go and do whatever I please" he said and turned around to face Charlie, who was looking at him confusedly.

"Dude, you are weird"

"Bleh. Let's go upstairs and geek out. C'mon" he said and sped up the stairs.

Charlie gave the cat one last glance and followed suite.

He wondered if the cat would even understand what the movie is about.

He let out an involuntary sigh as he decided not to think it over any further. It hurt his head.

Cat owners sure are weird...