Talk

Three uneventful days of detention passed.

Trevor would come late by a few minutes everyday, but Mr. Wilbert would not say a thing as it was a miracle that he even showed up. Mr. Wilbert was quiet amazedby the fact that he showed up that it made him wonder if someone was paying him to shown up for detention.

The both of the boys would mind their own business, Charlie would sit and study and Trevor would be day dreaming, or sometimes, he would even fall asleep.

Charlie would spend the rest of his time watching him sleep, turning his gaze away every now and then, afraid that he might suddenly flutter his eyes open and find him staring down at him. Being caught staring would be the last thing he wanted to happen to him.

Ew, that would be super creepy!

The cycle repeated. But Charlie decided to break it. He had to dig something out of Trevor and find what exactly was going on in that crazy-looking head of his. Most importantly, he had to know if there was any chance they would end up together. Atleast, he could try. If there were any slight chance that said they could, he was determined on working on it and get what he wants.

Charlie waited. And as usual, Trevor entered the room a few minutes late.

He sat down and leaned his weight on the heels of his chair and started swinging back and forth, humming a tune to himself.

"You might fall" Charlie said and pulled at Trevor's chair, causing it to fall back on its legs with a thud.

"You. Ruined. My. Mood" Trevor scowled.

"Hey, Can I ask you something?"

"As long as you don't question my dignity, go on" Trevor said, his voice masking any feelings that was supposed to drip into the words. It left Charlie quiet confused, though he knew well that Trevor had said that for the sake of making Charlie think over it for sometime. You know, just for the fun of it.

However, Charlie decided not to give Trevor that privilege and he went on with his question.

"Why are you still single? I mean, you're in your sophomore year and you are quiet an attractive guy, but yet, here you are, without, you know, a girlfriend.. Er..I mean, a boyfriend" Charlie felt his nervousness pick up as he said each word. He wondered if he was over doing stuff.

Trevor looked at him with a blank face. Charlie felt the silence eat him up as he gazed into his smokey hazel eyes.

After a few seconds of silence, Trevor huffed. "I'd ask the same to you"

Charlie found a whirlwind of thoughts attack his mind.

Did he think he should find a girlfriend, or was it that he found him attractive? He kept asking himself that he didn't realise he has been staring down at his balled fists on his lap for a little too long.

He snapped out of his thoughts and his head recoiled when Trevor's face appeared infront of him. "Earth to Charles?"

"S-sorry , I got lost in thought" Charlie choked out as he desperately tried to pull Trevor's face away from his. He didn't want to blush like a school girl in front of him. That would only heighten his suspicions.

"Y-you didn't answer my question" Charlie wondered why he found Trevor's gaze so intimidating.

"Well..." Trevor put his hands on the back of his head and put on a thinking face. He looked as if he was rummaging through his brain for the right thing to say, for an appreciable amount of time. He then heaved a sigh and continued. "Never met the right person, I guess. What about you?"

"Er... I have dated a few girls before. No one sticked" Charlie let out a breath and pursed his lips. "I mean, they were all either too boring or too flashy. Turned out they were not really my type afterall" He let out a nervous chuckle and scratched the back of his head.

"Hm-hm. Guess the same goes for you too"

"Yeah, I guess" Charlie said in a very low voice that he wondered if Trevir had even heard him. He found himself gazing down at his lap again. He wanted to say something, but just didn't know what.

"You know, we don't always have to spend extra hours in here. No one would notice even if  we ditched detention" Trevor said out of nowhere and Charlie's head jolted upto where Mr. Wilbert sat.

He could be listening!

"He falls asleep a few minutes after I come in. He probably wouldn't notice our absence" Trevor said with his eyebrows shot up as he tried to make his point.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Hm... How about we go to my place tomorrow with the guys, instead of heading here? My parents are on a vacation. So you guys could even stay. The place is all ours" Trevor looked expectantly at Charlie.

"Um... Okay"