Hang Out?

Charlie heard footsteps approaching and he perked his head up to see Conner running towards them at a high speed.

He looked so happy and excited.

"Whee-hee-heee!" Conner squealed and jumped on to Trevor, who was standing beside Charlie.

Trevor clicked his tongue annoyedly. "C-Conner!" He grunted out.

"Those monsters were eating my brain and draining my energy!" Conner complained, turning his head back to look at Jia and Josh who were still walking in a slow pace.

What are they, Sloth bears?!

"Hn. Get off of me, you imbecile" Trevor hissed as he gave Conner a bombastic side eye.

"Hee. No" Conner grinned.

"No?"

"No"

Trevor tried shrugging him off of his back. But when he couldn't, he fell backwards and on top of Conner, making a surprised yelp escape him.

"Hey! Stop it! You are going to kill him!" Jia ran forward and started to make an effort at pushing Trevor off of Conner.

Charlie turned his head and eyed Josh. He was quiet confused how a girl like Jia, who was never really concerned for anyone's well being, who was tired of all the silliness happening around her, was now suddenly worried about  Trevor hurting Conner.

He was answered with a shrug. It didn't help the confusion he felt though.

Trevor clicked his tongue and rolled over, slapping away Jia's hands. "Told him". He got up and dusted his pants and shirt, and looked down at Conner who was lying down on the ground flat as if he was run over by a road-roller, grinning like a goofball as he struggled to get a fits of cough under control.

"Does it hurt?" Jia asked Conner as she helped him up.

"A little bit, yes..." He said in an overly excited tone and Jia glared at Trevor, which he ignored with a roll of his eyes.

What was with her anyway...

"... But duuude... I missed all this! I feel refreshed! Hehee!" Conner yelled happily and grinned at the people around him.

Everyone except Trevor were dumbstruck.

"Are you even for real, Kon?!" Josh scoffed out.

"Yeah, heh. Why are we standing around for? Let's leave already!" Conner giggled and hoped up to Trevor as the rest of them followed suite with confused faces.

•••

"Pleaase, pleease, pleeassee!" Conner whined non-stop trying his best at convincing his buddies.

Jia had parted ways with them a few minutes ago and it was just the four boys.

"Do you think that is really necessary?" Charlie asked, his voice screaming disapproval and uneasiness.

"Yeah! Just think about it Char! Studying at the school library is too boring! Your detention sessions are ending tomorrow, and it has been a little while since we all hung out together!" Conner whined again. "It would be fun!"

Charlie pursed his lips. Conner was right. It's been a while since they all hung out together. But he didn't really think hanging out at his home was a good idea.

It was never a good idea. No.

"Why not hang out somewhere else?" He tried. He wished he could come up with the right excuse, but there was not much that he could say as he lived alone.

"I love your home! It is soo spacious!" Conner said with enthusiasm dripping off of his voice.

"Uh... I agree with that" Joshua shrugged and Charlie glared at him.

Joshua suddenly remembered that Charlie wouldn't actually be so happy about hanging out at his home as it would be really awkward for him and he understood why he was opposing the idea so much.

"Er... I mean... But if Charlie doesn't want us to hang out there, we could always go somewhere else!" He changed his opinion and pursed his lips.

"Come ooon!" Conner whined. He noticed Trevor being unusually quiet. He started shaking Trevor's arm vigorously for his attention.

"Trevor, Trevor! What do you think, whaddayathink?"

"Uh?" Trevor asked as if he was just woken up from a deep sleep.

"What is your opinion on going to Charlie's place this weekend?" Conner was already showing his puppy eyes.

"Uh... What for?" Trevor asked, raising his eyebrows.

"To chill!" Conner said, wiggling his hands around and smiling from ear to ear, trying to share his enthusiasm.

Trevor, eyed Joshua and Charlie with a blank face. "I don't know" he said flatly and continued gazing ahead at the road in front of him.

"Gah, you are no fun anymore!" Conner pouted and kicked Trevor in the shin, only to earn a whack on the back of his head.

"Chaaarllieee, pleeeeeeaasse!" He continued his whining to the point where he started yelling at the top of his lungs. Some people from the neighborhood were already out of their homes and looking for what the big fuss was about.

When it was too much for them to bear, Charlie decided to finally give in.

They're just hanging out, no big deal.

"Alright, alright. Fine, whatever" he raised both his hands in defeat.

"Really?" Conner's voice was a high squeal.

"Yeah"

"Like,.... Reealllly?"

"Kon, stop asking that or I might actually change my mind"

Conner stopped abruptly at Charlie's warning.

He tried shutting off his excitement but he couldn't. Eventually, he squealed and gave Charlie a tight hug. "You are the bestest!"

Charlie opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again. I am the what?!

"Dude, that is not even a real word. 'Best' is already the highest degree of comparison"

"Bleh. Who cares? You get my point, right? That's all that matters" Conner said in a despising tone, his nose pointed out into the air.

"Dude, wait for us tomorrow after detention, alright?" Josh told Charlie, who was struggling to get out of Conner's grip.

He gave him a thumbs up. That was all that he could manage when he was still being held by Conner. It was more like Conner hanging off from Charlie's neck that Charlie being held by him.

Soon, they parted ways.

Charlie went home and immediately plopped down on his couch.

Well, as long as no one messes up like last time, everything is gonna be fine, right?

Right.