End of Detention

All he had to do was hold on for another day. Charlie was quiet relieved, thinking about not having to really being stuck in a room with Trevor anymore.

It was a little bit too awkward when it was just him looking out through the window and Trevor minding his own business. They never really talked with each other much.

But at the same time, he was quiet anxious. He wondered what he was going to make out of this.

He no more cared about his exams and scores. Heck, he even had a bunch of pending papers to turn in. He truly had no idea what he was upto.

He just didn't feel motivated to do anything.

Charlie opened the door to the detention room and stepped in.

He gave the teacher a nod of acknowledgement, and then went over and took a seat.

He lied his head down on the desk and let his thoughts wander.

Twenty minutes passed and Trevor was in the room too.

He walked over to his seat and plopped down on his chair.

Charlie looked up and was met with nothing, but a Trevor who was just sitting there with his eyes fixed on the front. His hand supported his head and he was tapping his fingers on the desk in a rhythmic tune. Charlie felt the urge to speak something as he always did.

"Hey" he started casually.

Trevor flinched as if he just noticed the presence of another human beside him.

"Oh. Hey" he stared back at him.

Scrutininzed by his gaze, Charlie stuttered out the first thing that came to his mind at the moment and God, did he feel stupid.

"Er... D-did you start preparing for the upcoming science test?"

Trevor eyed him confusedly, then smiled a bit.

"Well,... Preparing for a test is never my thing.  Never was, never will be. But I guess I'll score enough to pass the test" He shrugged with a little smile tugging at his lips.

"So you did study, huh?" Charlie asked, trying to smile a bit. He was pretty sure he looked weird at the moment. He was so confused on the inside.

"Naahh" Trevor growled and Charlie felt a tingle. "The teacher and I kinda have a deal. Heh" he grinned evilly.

"Like... What?"

"Hmm.... I know a tiny little secret about him and doesn't dare to upset me because he doesn't want it to leave my mouth" Trevor leaned in closer and lowered his voice to a whisper. "He is dating a girl from the cheer-leading squad"

Charlie's eyes went wide and he choked in his own spit.

"What?!" He whisper-yelled.

"Yeeah, I found out when I ran into the both of them kissing on the stair way. The teacher is just a few years older, you know, he is a young man. But it is still kinda weird" Trevor shrugged.

"Man, that is... Super weird" Charlie looked like he was going to puke. "Like, really?!"

"If you say so" Trevor seemed so unbothered by the topic.

"Does anyone else know?" Charlie asked in a low voice, curious to know if Trevor had told this to someone else.

"Nah, it's just us" Trevor waved one of his hands in the air. "I wouldn't have known either, if those imbeciles weren't stupid enough to kiss somewhere public. Good for me, heh"

"Why are you so formal?" Charlie asked something out of context, something he had been wanting to know for a while now. Also, he wanted to change the topic from the "weird" love-life of his teacher to something else.

"What?" Trevor couldn't tell what Charlie meant. He shot an eyebrow up, cocking his head to a side.

"I mean, what kind of a guy says 'imbecile' anymore?" Charlie chuckled.

Trevor scowled at that. "The kind that is me?"

"You are one of a kind" Charlie said as he stared into the smokey hues of Trevor. They seemed to be the most hypnotizing pair of eyes he had ever seen.

"Am I? Oh, then I'd like to keep it that way" Trevor said raising his eyebrows and Charlie felt like he was flirting with him.

Well, how wouldn't he think that? Trevor had that stupid little lopsided smile plastered on his face.

Asshole.

Charlie tried to shut off his feelings. He tried to be strong, but eventually he lost it.

He could no longer sit there, he felt like crying. It was just too much for him to take.

He dumped his head in his hands to hide his red face.

"What are you doing, Charles?" Trevor asked, but didn't really expect an answer.

"Shut up, Trev. I don't wanna hear your voice" Charlie mumbled out.

Trevor shot his eyebrows up at the weird human in front of him.

A few moments of silence and Charlie spoke with his head still buried in his hands. "Are you glad detention is over for us?"

"Uh... Am I even supposed to feel something about it?"

Charlie sighed and lifted his head up. "Forget I said anything". His face gradually turned into a frown. What did he expect anyway?

He couldn't tell why he was disappointed. Did he want him to miss him or what?

Stupid, Charlie, Stupid...

"You are weird" Trevor scoffed.

"I'm well aware. But you didn't really have to say that out loud"

"I speak facts" Trevor grinned.

"Funny" Charlie said dismissively.

He wondered if he was letting the people around him influence his behaviour so much. And he hated himself for it.

Charlie was snapped out of his day dreaming when Trevor grunted out a curse.

"I'm outta here. Do you wanna tag along?" He asked.

Charlie just stared at him with a questioning gaze.

"Fine, you stay here and nerd out with yourself and that sleeping arse you call your teacher. I'm leaving" Trevor got up and made his way to the door.

Charlie glared at him.

Did he just call him a nerd?!

"Hey, wait up! I'm coming with you" he too stomped out of the classroom, not minding the sleeping P.E teacher.