Blue

Joshua was feeling so weary as he desperately tried to make Conner shut his mouth.

He had told him they would go through their lessons in the library, but Conner insisted they come to the foundation in front of the school.

Their usual meet-up spot.

Since the time they reached there, Conner never stopped blabbering about random stuff that Joshua couldn't even understand a word of. It was like Conner had knowingly insisted on going there because he wouldn't be able to even make a sound if he was in a library, much less do a lot of blabbering.

At some point while Josh suffered Conner's never-ending babbling, Charlie too joined them.

He couldn't help but notice his all-time smiling best friend being unusually gloomy. He could almost see exactly what was wrong, by just looking at the way Charlie kicked the soil, with his hands dug deep into his pockets and head hung low.

He has been there before.

Joshua sighed and decided to take care of Charlie later. Right now, he had a guy who just can't seem to keep his mouth shut, to deal with.

"Kon, to solve this--"

"Y'know, when I was a kid, I fell from the kitchen counter. Broke my jaw and I guess it messed with my tongue. Now, it would always just wiggle inside my mouth, trying to speak. Yeah, Poor me, I know" Conner pouted.

Josh quirked up an eyebrow. "Yeah... Poor you" he nodded. He shook his head to himself. "Now, to--"

"Oh, and did I tell you Trevor adopted a cat last week?" Conner showed no signs of listening to Josh. It was like he was having a conversation where he was the only one who gets to speak.

"Conner, can we please just--"

"He named it Achilles. Cute name, right?"

Joshua shook his head, given up.

Why did he even think he could just get this guy to sit somewhere without babbling about  random stuff...

Charlie heaved a long and heavy sigh and looked at Conner. His eyebrows knotted themselves together as he watched him. In a way, he kind of wished he was more like him.

He seemed so reckless. All he ever talk about is either his favorite superheroes or... Trevor.

Trevor. The name itself brought a knot to his stomach.

Speaking of the devil, Trevor walked upto the trio.

Where did he even come from?!

Seeing his dear pal, Conner squealed and jumped up to him, clinging on to Trevor's body like a little child.

"Trevor, Joe right here was trying to spoil me with all those note books he brought along with him!" He cried, clutching on to Trevor's body even tighter. "It took me all my energy to keep him from pushing those things on me!"

Charlie watched the both of them and he felt something... Different.

Oh foe, you are not jealous, are you?...

"You good, Cha?" Joshua leaned in and asked Charlie in a hushed tone, quirking up an eyebrow in a questioning way.

"Yeah. All good" Charlie said, emphasizing 'all'. He let out a deep sigh.

"I mean, you literally just slapped yourself in the face" Josh shot both of his eyebrows as if he was pointing out the obvious.

Charlie pursed his lips.

Get yourself together, you.

"It's nothing" Charlie said in a low voice and hung his head low and went back at kicking soil. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Trevor watching him.

Asshole.

"Now, Kon. Get off of me or I'll tell your mom about all those blue films you are sneaking into your vedio games collection" Trevor said, trying to shake Conner off his back.

"Dude, you are not supposed to say that out loud!" Conner yelled, jumping down and Trevor went stumbling backwards, snickering. He was so enjoying this. The embarrassed look on Conner's face brought so much joy to his mind.

"Now, you just ruined my reputation!" Conner pouted.

"Uh-uh" Trevor snorted at that. "Like you even hady any reputation to start with"

Josh couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips. He vaguely caught a glimpse of Charlie too letting out a soft chuckle. He knew there was definetely something wrong with his buddy. He had to confront him about it as soon as he could. It was worrying him.

"You guys, stop laughing your life away!" Josh managed to get the attention of the boys with a wave of his hand.

"And?"

"I dunno, sit and study?" Even Josh sounded so uncertain at the moment.

"Pfft. Funny, Carmel. Too funny. Come on, tell me another joke!" Trevor snickered.

Josh looked like he was fed up with the whole world. "You guys... Will never change" he shook his head to himself.