Jelly Bear

Charlie was feeling awkward.

Like, really awkward.

He was simply standing in the halls scrolling through his instagram when a group of girls approached him asking for the directions to the auditorium.

He was a bit confused at first.

Who doesn't know where the auditorium is?!

Like, especially, the girls should know where the auditorium is... Unless they are newbies.

He gave them clear directions anyway. However, the girls continued to chit chat, fiddling with their hair and giggling a little too much and Charlie almost understood what their true objective was.

How was he supposed to tell them that he is no more into pretty girls like them and that he was madly in love with someone who just would not admit what he is feeling?

So, he just stood their, listening to whatever they said with a fake smile plastered on his face, nodding every now and then to make it seem like he was paying attention to whatever it was they said.

"I'm the daughter of Erwin Stone. You know, the music teacher. My dad is a really influential person in here. And if you need anything, I mean, anything at all, you know where to find me" One of the girls said in a typical American-teenage-girl accent, playing with her hair and the others giggled.

Oh, trust me, I don't. Charlie thought to himself and sighed internally.

How long has it been since he's stuck here?!

Charlie wished the girls to leave as soon as possible. He was feeling so restless and awkward.

Only if he could take a quick sprint to find his friends...

"Carlton"

Now, where did that voice come from...

Charlie turned around to see Trevor standing behind him and he let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding in.

He actually felt relieved...

Trevor was staring blankly at the girls.

And, God , did he look irritated...

"Carmel has been looking for you" Trevor said, finally swifting his gaze towards Charlie.

"Uh... Where?" Charlie was quite confused. He was pretty sure that Josh had told him that he was going to see their English techer to talk about something regarding the academics.

Wouldn't that take a little while?

"The Library" Trevor said in a flat tone and stared right back at Charlie, daring him to question him more.

"Uh.. Okay" Charlie nodded towards the girls, silently bidding them farewell and started walking towards the library. He felt a little uneasy about the whole situation.

He couldn't help but notice the way the girls scrunged their noses up at the look Trevor gave them.

What was up with him anyway?...

Soon, Trevor was walking beside him with one of his hands dug deep in his pocket and the other holding on to the strap of his back pack, his eyes staring right ahead of where he walked.

"You don't really have to head to the library" Trevor said, his eyes still fixed on the front.

What?

"Uh... Why?" Charlie's tone screamed confusion.

"I lied" Trevor shrugged.

Uh-huh...

When Charlie raised a questioning eyebrow at him, Trevor explained further.

"Those girls were really disgusting to watch and they were consuming your time" he shrugged. "You should be studying" he made it sound so obvious.

"I should be studying, eh?" Charlie mused.

"Yeah, so that I can copy your answers when a test comes up" Trevor smirked.

Oh, really?...

Charlie sighed. "Thanks anyway" he mumbled and Trevor nodded.

They walked beside each other in silence.

And after a few moments, Charlie felt the silence eat him up.

Just as he planned a conversation in his head, someone else filled in for him.

"Treeevooorr!" Conner squealed as he jumped on to Trevor's back, causing him to stumble forward.

"Conner,You are sixteen for God's sakes and I am very well done giving you piggy backs. Now, get off of me" Trevor complained, his voice filled with annoyance.

Conner pouted, but snuggled himself even closer to Trevor.

"No" he gave Charlie a toothy grin, who was watching him amusedly.

Trevor grunted, but continued to carry him anyway.

"Joe send me for you" Conner told Charlie.

"Why?" Charlie was getting a little sense of deja vu here.

"I dunno. He asked for Trev too"  Conner said as he laid his head into the crook of Trevor's neck, his face completely turned towards Charlie.

Charlie gave him a smile.

Conner looked like a baby clinging on to its mother's body.

The thought made him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Conner mumbled, almost sleepy.

Charlie shook his head. "You look like..." He planned a change of words. "...A monkey. Orangutan, to be specific"

"Hey!" Conner complained, all the sleepiness out of his tone.

He started kicking his feet to his side, trying to reach Charlie who dodged every kick.

"Kon, stop wiggling around or I might have to drop you" Trevor hissed at the other boy.

"C'mon, Trev! He called your dear ole friend an Orangutan. Don't you feel like taking revenge?!" Conner sounded offended.

"My dear ole what now?"

"Yo! Rude! And you, stop laughing like a pig!" Conner kicked out his leg yet again at Charlie who was having so much fun, calling him names.

"Conner! Stop wiggling around!" Trevor said as he threatened to push him off of him. The other boy showed no signs of listening and
After much effort, Trevor managed to hold Conner's legs from moving.