Chapter 53

We finally arrived here in a private hospital, my daughter is now inside the emergency room.

"Sandro... i will never forgive myself when something bad happens to our daughter" I said and i can't calm down

"Shh, stop thinking negative okay? She'll survive." He's making me calm, he is now caressing my back.

"Hija, it's hard to calm down. Even us we can't but for our granddaughter we'll come down. So please inhale and exhale. I don't want something bad happens to you" Tita said with her calm voice.

"Eli.." i heard him calling me eli again for once again. "I'm always here okay? Even though it's really hard for me but i can't be weak because i know you'll need someone and that someone is me"

"Sandro, i don't know what to do now i swear i will never forgive myself when something bad happen to our daughter, if you don't know. She's my life and my everything" I said and start crying. "I can't lose her" i added

"She will be fine okay? We will never lose her.. and i know that it's very hard for you, but trust me i'm struggling also" He said

"Sorry.. but for now i can only think about my daughter" I said and start sobbing.

We're waiting at emergency room door. Waiting for the result waiting for my daughter.

"Who is the parents???" Biglang lumabas yung doctor kaya medyo nakalma ko yung sarili ko.

"Me!" Sabay naming saad ni Sandro pero hindi ko na yun inintindi dahil ang iniisip ko ngayon ay walang iba kundi ang anak namin.

"Doc, how's my daughter???" I asked immediately.

"As of now.. she needs to be observed until later and if nothings change we'll move her to a private room" She said and i breathe.

"O-okay doc, thanks" I thanked her.

"What are the after effects of near drowning?" Sandro asked.

"The victim may have bluish or cold skin, chest pain, cough, shallow breath, abdominal swelling, lethargy, shortness of breath or may be vomiting." The doctor said

"What?! But she survived right??" I asked, i'm getting more worried.

"Even if a near drowning victim is successfully revived, the interruption of oxygen to the brain may have enough to cause severe brain damage." The doctor explained.

"N-no way.. my daughter is brave" i said and can't accept those effects.

"Near-drowning occurs when she is unable to breathe under water for a significant period of time. During near-drowning, her body is cut off from oxygen to the point where major body systems can begin to shut down from the lack of oxygen flow. In some cases particularly in young children, this can happen in a matter of seconds." She's trying to explain everything to us

"What more???" Sandro asked, he's hugging me. So i can be more  comfortable.

"Near-drowning is a term typically used to describe almost dying from suffocating under water. It is the last stage before fatal drowning, which results in death.

"Do everything doc, do all your best please." I start pleasing hed

"What should we do to my daughter??" Sandro asked her while still caressing my back.

"Near-drowning victims still require medical attention to prevent related health complications." She said.

"Doc" The nurse called her.