Chapter 9

{9} Caroline POV

I couldn't even reply to phil. Dan totally had a fricken girlfriend. I've known Dan and Phil for 4 years now. We all use to hang out together as best friends. After 2 years, I finally worked up the urge to tell Dan I liked him. Dan completely freaked out and was mad because Phil liked me a lot. After that we all started drifting apart. I couldn't lose them. No one was ever kind to me like them. When I was a kid I was abused at home. I knew what I had to do. I told Phil I liked him and he asked me out instantly. 

I didn't really like Phil all that much. He wasnt bad. Something to do when I was bored. But I couldnt help myself, I have an undying love for Dan. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to hurt Phil. But it was the only way. 

I began to get ready, because I have to look my best to show Dan i'm better then that other girl. I curled my shoulder length blonde hair. Next I put on some glamorous red lip stick. And finally I finished with a smokey eye shadow. I looked hawt. I walked over to the closet and picked out this tight short red dress with matching black heels. I looked at the clock, i had 30 minutes until I was suppose to be at their flat. It was about a 15 minute drive so I decided to leave a little early. 

I got into my pink bug and began driving to their flat. I tried imagining what this girl was going to look like. She have better be fricken hot if Dan was choosing her over me. She probably wasn't even that pretty. I bet shes fat too. 

I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice I had already arrived at their place. I parked my car right out front the complex and walked to the lift. This thing couldnt been any slower. Hey I'm on my way up I texted Phil. Finally after what felt like forever, I reached their floor. I walked out of the lift, struggling to stand straight with my heels. I got to the door and pounded it really hard. "Open up losers im here" I said sarcastically. 

I was greeted by Phil's smiling face. "Hey hun" He said going in for a kiss. I moved in for a hug instead and looked in the apartment to see the back of Dan and some girls head sitting on the couch. We broke apart and Phil didn't seem as happy anymore. "Well arent you gonna invite me in?" I said poking his side. He laughed and moved back gesturing me to come in. 

I walked over to the couch feeling the rage boiling up in me.  My heels clanked behind me until i came to a stop behind the couch. "Well I see Danny's got a friend. Aren't you going to introduce me." I said sternly as Dan turned around. "Oh. Caroline." He said as the girl lifted her head off his shoulder. Her big violet eyes looked up at me. She smiled with perfectly natural pink lips. I noticed she was wearing Dan's clothes. "What the heck are you wearing? Its movie night... Thats not comfy clothes." Dan rolled his eyes at me and turned back around. The girls eyes lingered on my outfit for a few seconds then she put her head back on his shoulder.

 "Oh... I just came from... a party." I lied. "More like a strip club." I heard Dan mumble under his breath. "And I was going to ask Phil if I could borrow some clothes..." I said looking back to Phil, who nodded and ran into his room to get me some clothes. I followed him to his room and he handed me a sweat shirt and sweatpants. "Thanks" I said kissing his cheek. I began to take my dress off. Phil Blushed and turned away. I finally got dressed and said "You can look now." I walked over to him and pecked him on the lips. Then I grabbed his hand and led him to the couch.

"So what are we watching tonight guys?" I asked looking around the room. "Well... Phil told us you wanted a scary movie so we're going to watch the ring." Dan replied. The girl looked up at him. "Whats a scary movie?" She asked. "Uhm... What rock have you been living under?" I laughed. How could Dan like her? He's just trying to make me jealous. "Caroline shut up. She was just in an accident she doesnt even remember her name." Dan said sternly. The girl pressed her face into dan's arm clearly embarassed. "Well Sorry.... What am I suppose to call her then?" I asked yet another question. Dan looked down at her letting her know it was her turn to answer. "You can call me Blair." She said with a smile. "Dan made it up." She did a smirk that said He likes me better, I win.