Chapter 24

{24} Dan POV

I watched Arista and the stranger walk away. Oh crap what did I do? I had no clue who this guy was, and I'm letting him dance with my girlfriend? I was overthinking it. A drink would help me clear my mind. I walked over to the bar.

"Hey Dan!" Alex called from behind the bar. "Hey, I didnt know you were a bar tender.." I laughed. He handed a customer a drink before turning towards me again. "Nah Chris asked me to over for him. So what will it be?" He replied. I looked to see what they had. I wasnt really in the mood for beer, but maybe a cocktail. 

"Can I have a Bloody Mary?" I ordered, in the mood for something of that sort. Alex nodded before turning away. I looked back at Arista to see the man was saying something to her. She didn't look to happy. After I got my drink i'll go cut in. 

"Here you go." Alex handed me my drink. "Hey isn't that your girlfriend walking off into someroom with that other guy?" Alex pointed over my shoulder. I turned around to see the stranger was pulling Arista into some room. Anger swelled up through out my whole body. Why did I let her go with him? I left my drink at the bar and sprinted after them.

I got to the door they went into. It was big and brown, but to my luck it was hallow. I put my ear against it to listen. 

"What do you want from me?" I heard Arista say. It was clear in her voice that she was crying. "I think you know what I want, Princess." The man replied to her. Oh poop, he knew about her. Judging from what happened last time she ran into someone who knew about her, this was not going to end well. 

"Drink." I heard the man say. I couldnt stand it anymore, I knocked the door open. "Stop!" I yelled as I ran into the room. Arista had the glass pressed up against her lips. I was too late. She dropped the glass, spilling a tan liquid all over it. 

I ran over to her. "Dan!" She gleamed. "What did you just drink, Arista?" I asked. I was worried. Very worried. "I..I dont know." She replied. Tears streamed down her face and she began to sway back in fourth. "D-Dan??" Whats Happ-" She was cut off. Her body went limp and she collasped back onto the couch. Her eyes shut.

"What did you do to her?!" I yelled at the man as I ran over to scoop her into my arms. "Don't worry, she's only alseep. Its basically liquid chloroform." He told me while pacing back and fourth behind the couch. "Why?" I asked. He gave off a half smile before talking again. "I want my bride." Was all he said back.

It was him. The man that abused the girl of my dreams. They were supposed to be married, but she ran away. I would not let him take her. "Please.... Just leave her be." I pleaded. I didn't know what he was capable of.

"Oh Dan. Thats actually funny that you think she could actually like you. Our kind find humans disgusting. She's probably just using you as a place to stay. She does love me, she likes to play hard to get. Trust me." He tried to persuade me.

I pushed those thoughts out of my heads. She did love me, I know. Or did she..? I stopped doubting myself. "Well you cant have her." I spat in his face. An angered expression grew over his face. He took three steps towards me and was now about 7 inches away from me. "You dont know what I'm capable off." Was all he said before I felt a sharp pain in my side. I turned to see Arista's "Friend" Kale had stabbed me in the side.

I fell over and grabbed my side. Blood covered my hands. I screamed out in pain and they both began to kick me."Get the girl." He commanded Kale. 

Kale picked up Arista's lifeless body and walked out of the room. "No..!" I tried to say, but it hurt to much. I knew that I would probably die here. They could kill me, I couldnt care less. But if I was dead, no one could save Arista. 

"You had your chance, you could have lived. Now I'm going to fuck your precious girlfriend, then bring her back home where she belongs. She will be with me forever. Enjoy hell." He spat in my face followed by an evil laugh. "Dont you dare touch her!" I grabbed his ankle, causing him to trip. 

I scooted over towards the drink table and grabbed a jug of water. In a quick motion I poured it on him. "YOU FOOL!" He yelled before falling backwards. A fishtail popped where his legs would be. This bought me time to get away. 

I army crawled to the door. "Get back here!" He yelled. I got up, still holding my wound. I hobbled out to the main ball room. When everyone noticed I was hurt they ran over towards me. "Dan! What happened??" Phil asked, and wrapped him arm around my shoulder to support me. "T- They.. Have Arista.." I croaked with the last of my voice. 

Phil's eyes grew big. He knew who I was talking about because he was the the night I found out about Arista. "We can help her after you're taken care of Dan." He put me over on a couch. "No Phil. We dont have much time. They will take her back and then theres nothing we can do!" I yelled at Phil. Tears began to fall down my face.

Carrie walked over with a first aid kit. "Phil... please.." I pleaded at him before Carrie laid me down to fix my wound. Phil hesitated before running over towards Caroline.  I watched Phil whisper into Carolines ear. Fear over took her face and she glanced back at me. I gave her a pleading look. She turned back to Phil and shoed him out the front door. They both were out the door, looking for her.

Relief came over me. I trusted my friends would help her. Also, Carrie was fixing my wound So I could help soon too. "What happened to you Dan??" Carrie asked as she wrapped a giant bandage over my stab wound. "I was stabbed..." I told her. Her eyes grew big in fear. "Dan??" She called. I could hear her, but I just couldn't reply. My vision went blurry so much, it eventually turned to darkness.

A/N: Hey guys I hope you like the story so far! I just wanted to inform you that I will be going away on Spring Break soon so I wont be able to update for awhile. Sorry I left you at a cliff hanger ;) lol. But I will try and update at least one more time before I go. I'd love to hear feed back! Comments and Votes are much appreciated! xx