Chapter 32

{32} Phil POV

We pulled up to the familiar house of our good friend Chris. We hadn't told him we were coming but we hopped he wasn't busy.

All three of us walke up to the front door. I looked back at Arista who was observing every little detail of everything, and Dan who has starring down at his feet. That mean it was up to me to knock. 

I tapped on the wooden door with my knuckles. A few seconds later our close friend appeared in the door frame. "Dan? Phil? Random hot chick?" Chris said confused. Arista blushed and looked at the ground. Meanwhile Dan looked like he was getting jealous. 

"Hi Chris.. we sorta were... in the neighborhood and um.. wondered if we could stay with you for a few days maybe?"  I awkwardly asked. His smile grew even bigger. "Well sure. Don't happen to have any other pretty ladies hidden in your car, do ya?" Chris joked as we walked into his place.

Chris, Dan, and I walked over and sat on the couch. There wasn't another chair for Arista, so she pretended to be interested in something on Chris's bookshelf. Just as I was going to offer her my seat, Chris said "Come over here and sit on my lap sweetheart." 

Arista turned to Chris with a confused expression, and then looked over at Dan not knowing what to say. "Uh Chris, I don't believe you've met her before. This is Aritsa, my girlfriend." Dan explained to Chris. 

Chris's cheeks flushed red. "Ooooh.... awwwkwarrrddd. Well then sit in his lap." Chris laughed. Arista didn't move. She just stood. She most definetly felt awkward in a room full of boys that were all attracted to her. 

"Uh... she doesn't talk much does she...?" Chris mumbled to Dan. "Oh well she has... Brinchitis.. So she can't talk. And I mean we've been in the car for the past few hours so she probably wants to stand..." Dan made an excuse. Chris nodded in understanding. 

"Well I was just about to make dinner. Anyone want to come help me in the kitchen?" Chris asked. "Sure." Dan offered, following Chris back into the kitchen. Arista came over and sat by me on the couch. I wanted to talk to her about everything, about us. But I couldn't. She wouldn't be able to reply anyways. 

"Sooo... Arista, I just want you to know i'm sorry about all that stuff. That was really foolish of me. I have a girlfriend, you have a boyfriend. Even if I have feelings for you, I promise not to show them." I apologized to her. She opened her mouth like she was going to say something, but then realized she couldn't. "Shh.. Don't talk." 

I starred down at her lips. If I wasn't allowed to show my feelings for her, couldn't I have one last kiss? I looked into her eyes, she was starring at me. I began to lean in to her. Her eyes looked worried and full of fear, yet she didn't move. I was inches away from her face when, Dan walked in.

"What's going on...?" Dan asked confused. Arista shot of the couch before I could even blink. "Oh.. uh.. She had something on her face..." I lied. Gosh why was I such an awful liar? "Phil I heard everything you just said. Whats going on??" He demanded. Arista's hands covered her face, and she ran out the back door crying.

 "Dan please let me explain." I pleaded with him. "Fine. I'm listening." Dan spat in my face. "Dan... The night you were stabbed and I brought Arista to the hotel... I kissed her. It wasn't her at all. It was all me. She was all damsel in distress-y. I'm such an idiot. She was asleep she didn't even know. Then, when she tried to leave I followed her. And then.. I kissed her again. Which made her mad and she left.. But then I jumped in and started drowning. And she saved me, and didn't leave. But she doesn't like me, and I dont even know what I was doing. I don't want to steal her from you. Oh Dan... I'm so sorry." I confessed everything to Dan. 

There was tears falling down both our faces. He took a few steps closer to me, and then stopped. He tried to look me in the eye, but turned away. "Da-" I began to say, when he punched me in the face. The force of the hit was so powerful, it knocked me to the ground. 

Dan turned and walked out the backporch, most likely to find Arista.

I hugged my knee's to my chest, and cried. What have I done? I ruined my friendship with Dan, and now Arista hates me. I knew Dan would tell Caroline, and then she would dump me. I was alone. "Awkwaaarrdd." I heard Chris call from the kitchen. He was no help. 

I tried to burry myself as far as I could into myself. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.." I began to whisper repeatiedly.