Chapter 35

{35} Phil POV

We were driving back to London when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I picked it up to see who was calling. Caroline.

I answered the phone and said, "Hey Caroline."

She didn't reply, but I heard crying on the other end. "Caroline?? Where are you? What's wrong?" I frantically asked her questions through the phone. Finally there was an answer. "P-Phil..?" She cried. "Yes??" I pleaded for her to tell me what was wrong. 

"I-Its.. the prince. He followed me home, he has me captive. He says if you dont come here with Arista.. he'll kill me." She sobbed into the phone. I was speechless. The two girls I loved were in terrible danger. I didnt even know how to respond. 

"You heard her Lester. If you ever want to see your precious girlfriend again you better bring fish girl to me." A scratchy man voice said. Then the line hung up.

"Phil... What is it..?" Arista quietly asked from the backseat. Of course she already knew the answer. Dan pulled over to the side of the road so I could explain. "Its Caroline.... Prince Cornelious kidnapped her and says if we Don't bring you to him he'll kill her." I explained barely able to hold back the tears. 

Arista POV

My heart stopped. Caroline was a close friend of mine. And because of me she may die. I knew what I had to do, whether Dan and Phil liked it or not. "I'll go." I simply said. "What?? No you cant!" Dan and Phil said in sync. A single tear dripped down my face.

"Dan... Phil... I should have never come here. This is all my fault. Caroline is my friend. And because of me she may die. I will be alright with him. Now you better take me to him, or I swear I will get out and walk there." I explained to them. 

Tears began to fall down both Dan and Phil's cheeks. "Please." I quietly whispered. Dan leaned forward and kissed my forehead, then began to drive on still crying. Phil still looked at me with his big ice blue eyes. I couldn't take it anymore, I looked away out the window. I let the tears stream down my face now.

~About an hour later~

Finally, the car reached a stop. We were outside a riverside abandoned warehouse. This is where I would not fisically die (Although I wish I could), but where I will mentally died. I hesitated before stepping out of the car. Dan and Phil rushed out of their seats after me. 

Dan took me in his arms and gave me a very passionate goodbye kiss.

When we broke apart I looked over at Phil, who had tear streaked cheeks. I went over and wrapped my arms around him. The hug seemed like it lasted forever, and I wish it could have. As we pulled away, I kissed him on the cheek. 

I took both boys hands into mine, and then we walked towards my doom.

I slowly pushed open the front door of the warehouse. I heard a scream come from around the corner. I let go of both boys hands and yelled, "Caroline!". I ran around the hallway which lead into a much larger room. In the middle was Caroline, not tied up, not even crying.

"What's going on...?" I asked confused. Not a second after, I felt two strong hands grab both my arms. "Whats going on?! Caroline??" I shouted in confusion. A smirk formed on the girls smitten face. She slowly walked over towards me with pride.

"Awh poor little Arista. Coming to give her own life for her "Best friend"." She air quoted the best friend. "You see, I was never your best friend. Let alone your friend. I wasn't locked up here either. You see your little prince friend made me an offer. If I could lure you three here, Hed change me into a mermaid like you. Why might you ask? Well its quite obvious Dan has a thing for fish girls. And apparently Phil does too." She confessed their plan. 

A tear fell down my face. I'd never felt this much betrayal. She walked over and ripped th crystal off my neck. The two men holding me down began to tie me up. My eyes stayed on Caroline the whole time, who ut on my necklace. In a matter of seconds, She looked just like me. The men put tap over my mouth, and threw me into a nearby crate.

A minute or two later I heard Dan's voice from the hallway. "Arista? Where are you? Oh there you are. Where's Caroline?" He asked. "You missed it Dan, Luna came and saved us. She's taking Caroline back to erase her memories or something so she's not tramatized." I heard Caroline, who also sounded just like me say. 

"Oh my god thats amazing. Everythings going to work out then!" He cheered. A few seconds passed and I heard them kiss. My heart broke into a million pieces. I tried to shake the box and make a mumbled sound but nothing worked. "Hey, lets get out of her." Caroline suggested. Footsteps followed, and just like that... they were gone. 

(A/N): So the stories slowly coming to an end. I decided I probably will make a second book, but I really want to make another series too so it may be awhile after this is ended. Anyways, I just want to congradulate Dan and Phil on wining the award! I'm so proud of my babies. Well, I hope you're enjoying my story, and thanks for reading. Don't worry, its not over yet (; xx