Chapter 29

{29} Dan POV

I had been starring at the ocean for about 3 hours now. Phil already went back in awhile ago. I was about to give up and go inside when I saw a sparkle from the water. It caught my attention so I crept up to the end of the dock for a better look.

I was down on all fours trying to look down into the merky water. Before I knew it a wet arm spalshed up from the water and was around my shoulder. I felt cold lips pressed to mine. I opened my eyes as we pulled away to see it was, Arista.

"You're back! I missed you! Where did you go??" I flooded her with questions. She gave me a mysterious smile before replying. "Help me up and I'll explain later." She answered. I wrapped my arms around her fish/human body and pulled her onto the dock. "Thank you." She smiled. She put her necklace back on and waited to turn her back to human. 

After awhile she was back, so she took the necklace off. "So where were you?" I asked again. "Take me back to the hotel I'm tired. Then I'll tell you." She replied not telling me once again. I nodded before grabbing her hand and pulling her back to the hotel.

I watched her closely as we walked back. She didn't look at me, She mysteriously smiled down at her feet. It was the type of smile that says I know something that you dont know. It annoyed me, although it was very sexy.

Finally we reached the hotel. I swiped my key into the door and pushed it open. For the first time she looked up and her smile faded. "Oh... Phil I didn't expect to see you here.." She blurted aloud in confusion. Why wouldn't Phil be here? He's always with me.

"Arista you're back!" Phil squealed in glee. I've never seen him this happy to see her.. weird. Maybe he was just worried she wouldn't come back. I shook off my unanswered thoughts and went over to sit on the bed. 

"Uh yea I'm back.. Did you ever find Caroline?" She asked obviously trying to change the subject. Phil's eyes grew wide with fear. "Crap..." Phil whispered back. "Excuse me, I have to go find her..." Phil told us before running out of the room. Weird. Its like Arista knew that would make him leave, and she... wanted him too.

"So are you gonna tell me what happened?" I asked for the third time. She came over and sat by me on the bed. "Can't I have a welcome back kiss first?" She asked giving me puppy dog eyes. It was so hard to resist. "As much as i'd love that, you have to tell me everything first." I replied. She looked sad and turned to face the window.

 She let out a sigh. "I was going to leave. But Phil followed me and jumped in after me. I know he's not a good swimmer and I had to go back to save him, then he begged me not to go. I agreed, but I left just for a little while. I went and asked some of the sea creatures to help me with Prince Dingus. Anyways we have a plan settled." She explained. I had a feeling she wasn't telling me everything.

"So.. thats all that happened?" A questioned her. "Mmhm." She mummbled with a nodd. She still looked suspicious. "Okay.. Well Phil was acting weird early. Did anything else happen with him?" I asked. Her eyes seemed to grow big with fear. She tried to hide it and let out a nervous laugh.

"N-No... If it did it was after I left..." She stuttered. She was lying. "Uh do you have any food? I'm super hungry." She changed the subject. "Oh... yea.." I said getting up to get some of the snacks Phil bought. 

I knew something was going on, and I was determined to find out what it was.