Chapter 37

{37} Arista POV

Phil and I walked outside the building. He handed me his phone so I could ring Dan. I dialed his numbed and the phone began to ring. Shortly after he picked up.

"Phil what do you want no-" "Dan." I cut him off. "What..? Who's this?" He said in a confused tone. He thought he was with me right now. "Dan, I need you to come back to the factory place right now." There was a pause for a minute or two. "Its me. Arista." 

I hung up and then me and Phil sat by the curb waiting to see if he would show up. "Do you want to play a game" I asked Phil. He looked over to me with a smile on his face. "Sure, what game?" He asked. I sat and thought about it. "Tag." I smiled back at him. 

I began remembering the time Dan and I played tag together. I missed him.

Soon Phil helped me up and said, "Tag, you're it!" As he tapped my arm and ran away. I chased after him giggling so loud people could probably hear me from miles away. I finally reached Phil, who I think was slowing down on purpose, and tagged him in the back. "You're it!" I giggled.

He swiftly turned around and tackled me to the ground, intending to tag me. I layed on the hot pavement laughing my heart out, not even realizing Phil was laying on top of me. I gazed up into his big icy blue eyes. They actaully were quite nice... I couldn't help but to stare. 

Soon I felt my self pulling myself up to him. He didn't have to force me this time. I plated a kiss on his lips. They were smooth and tasted somewhat like sugar. I breathed in his sent, he smelt something like honey. It was pure bliss.

I couldn't deny I had feelings for both boys.

I pulled away and quietly whispered, "I'm sorry." He let out a slight laugh. "Don't be." He rolled off me onto the pavement. I felt his arm brush against mine; I was just about to hold his hand when a car pulled into the parking lot. Dan's car. 

I lifted myself to my feet and stood towards the car. He put it in park and slowly got out. His eyes grew big in awe. He couldn't seem to understand the concept of there being two Arista's. "Dan, Its me. Thats Caroline!" I shouted from across the parking lot.

Next thing I knew Caroline, who looked just like me, climbed out of the car. There was a sly smile on her face. Yet, she still looked angered, probably for having to come back here. 

'Why are there two of you...?" Dan wondered aloud as he walked towards me and Phil. "I'm the real one Dan." Caroline said from behind him. My temper began to grow. How dare she?

"Dan I swear its me. That's Caroline. She has my necklace, and when she wears it she looks like me!" I tried to explain. He furrowed his brows and turned towards Caroline. "Take off the necklace." He commanded. 

Caroline's face began to grow nervous. "B-But... I need it." She lied. "Dan If that was really me I wouldn't be able to talk with the necklace on." I reminded him. I saw a sense of acknowledgment come on his face. He walked over to Caroline and ripped the necklace off. She let out a scream that started in my voice, and ended in hers.

Caroline turned back to her old self. She looked shocked and angry. "How could you?" Dan asked in disbelief. "I love you Dan!" She shouted from behind him. Dan ignored her and began walking towards me. "I'm so sorry." He whispered before kissing my forehead.

I felt comfort in his arm, but there was pain too. Pain I could feel projecting off of Phil. I just kissed him, and led him on yet again. But the truth was, I didn't know how I felt. I didn't know who I liked more.

There was Dan. The funny one, who loved me so much, he was passionate, he was perfect.

But then, there was Phil. He was so sweet and innocent. Not to mention, he genuinly cared. And he saved me.

I pulled away from Dan well aware of the sorrow look on my face. I took a step back to really take a good look at both of them. I took in every current feature of them, and our surrondings. We were standing on a dock, and the ocean breezes was wisping each boys hair. Phil looked down at his feet, and Dan looked at me confused.

Then, all in a seconds time, there was great force around the middle section of my body. "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM YOU SLIMY FISH!" I heard Caroline shout as she pushed me off the side of the dock into the water. It all happened so fast I barely had time to realize what was happeneing.

I heard Dan and Phil shout my name while running after me. I remember hitting the ice cold water. And I remember the blackness that came after that. Total udder silence, with a dark background to support it.