Chapter 22

{22} Dan POV 

"DAN PHIL COME HERE WE'RE READY!" I heard Caroline yell from Phil's room. Phil and I scarmbled to our feet as fast as we could and raced towards the door. "Hurry up and come out! I've been dying to see you two all day!" I complained. They had been getting ready for the past 3 hours and I was beginning to be impatient. 

"Three-" They began to count off. I squeezed my eyes shut tight. "Two-.. One!" They flung the door open. I slowly peeked my eye open. Standing there infront of me was Arista in here stunningly beautiful white gown. Her hair was in some sort of a braid bun, and her makeup was excellent. 

"You okay Dan?" She laughed while walking towards me. "You- Wow...." Was all I managed to choke out. I dont think there was a word for describing her beauty. She pecked me on the lips, probably trying to stop me from embarassing myself even more. "You look beautiful...." I whispered as our kiss broke apart. She smiled before turning towards Phil and Caroline. "You look great." Phil awkwardly complimented Arista. I think he was intimidated by her. I know he was always into mystical creatures and such and there was one standing before him.

"Take a picture!" Caroline demmanded. Phil and I both whipped out our phones at the same time. We took several pictures. "Well you two better get ready or we'll be late!" Caroline pushed us into our bedrooms. They were the ones who spent 3 hours getting ready. I must admit it was worth it, they looked great. "Oh I forgot to mention its a mascarade party So I got you a mask. I'll show you later."  I told Arista before Caroline slammed my bedroom door. 

I put on the white button up shirt and pants I picked out earlier. I raced to the bathroom so I could straighten my hobbit hair. I was embarassed Arista saw me like this, but she didnt say anything. Maybe she didnt notice? 

After awhile I finally finished and I was ready to go. I walked into the living room to see Caroline was teaching Arista to dance. This made me laugh, and as soon as I did Arista looked at me with an embarrassed face and backed away. "I cant wait to dance with you." I winked walkng over to her. I handed her a pretty black lacey mask I picked out. "This is so pretty!" She gleamed. She put it on and looked so Sexy and mysterious. "Looks great." I said before kissing her. 

Finally we were all ready and left. Phil offered to drive us, so It was a party in the back with Arista. "Turn up the music!" I faked dance in the silence. Phil laughed before obeying and turning it on. For some odd reason Wannabe by the Spice Girls came on. At this point Caroline was laughing histarically and Arista looke plain confused. "IF YOU WANNABE MY LOVER, YOU GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS!" I shouted making everyone in the car laugh. After Arista got used to the lyrics she began singing along with me. Soon enough we were all laughing and singing together. 

Phil pulled into the parking lot of a fancy ballroom place. "We're here." I told everyone. Arista's smile grew even bigger, if that was possible. "EEE!!" She squealed. I got out of the car and walked over to her door to help her out. 

We linked arms and strutted to the main entrance. "Okay now i'm nerveous. What if people dont like me." Arista worried. "Dont be scared, everyone will love you." I kissed her on the cheek. I flung the doors open for her so she could walk in. Her heels clacked against the wood floor as she made her way to the top of the stairs.

The moment she reached the top, every eye in the room turned to her in awe. It was like one of those cheesy movies. Everyone Oooh-ed and Awwh-ed. I linked arms with her, So I could escort her down the stairs. I didnt blame anyone for starring, she looked stunning. I felt her tense up. "Dont be nervous." I whispered to her.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and lots of people came to greet us. "Dan you look great. Who's this? Whats her name? Shes so pretty, Are you two dating." A crowded of people barked at us. Her eyes grew wide in fear. She was obviously uncomfertable. "LISTEN UP PEOPLE CAUSE IM ONLY SAYING THIS ONCE." I shouted. "This is my lovely girlfriend Arista." 

Some of the people congradulated us and others looked upset. It didn't matter to me what anyone else thought. All that matter was that I was happy.