Chapter 23

{23} Arista POV

Dan had introduced me to some of his friends such as Chris and PJ. Everyone was giving me dirty looks, I felt so unwanted.

"Okay everyone its time for the No Hands Dance. " A voice from over head called. Dan took my hand dragging me to the dance floor. "To do the No Hands Dance you first space both for left hands around 5 inches away from your partners, and slowly guide each other in a circle. Repeat this with your right hands, then both hands. After you have completed the no hands part, take your partner and finish the dance with a normal ball room dance. Goodluck." The voice said from over head again.

"I think I know how to do this." I told Dan with a smile. I didn't know how to do many human things, But this was a princess thing for me. "Thats good because I dont." Dan cheekily laughed. His cheeks turned red and he looked down at the floor. "Don't be embarassed, I'll help you." I said lifting up his chin.

The classical music began to play. Dan and I both raised our left hands and slowly started in a right circle. "You're doing good." I whispered to him. We continued this with our right hands, walking in a left circle. He gazed into my eyes, making my stomach do summer salts. Next, we did the both hand part, continuing in a right circle.

"You lied. you totally knew how to do this!" I laughed at him.

"Well... my mom did use to make me do dance. But don't tell its a secret." He let out an embarassed chuckled and looked away. Finally he grabbed my hand with one of his and put the other on my waist. He led me into an elegant ballroom dance.

He spun me around a few times, which was so fun. As the song ended he made me dip. "You're an amazing dancer." I told Dan. He's cheeks got super red from embarassment. I laughed as I kissed his cheek. "Don't be embarassed."

"Excuse me, but would it be any trouble to ask for the next dance?" A man came up from behind me and asked. We were all wearing masks so I had no idea who he was. I looked over at Dan to see what he would say. "Uhhh... Sure...... I guess." He said givng my hand to the stranger.

I still looked at Dan, confused, as the stranger led me away. Dan had a look on his face that said Oh crap what did I just do. I didn't want to dance with anyone but Dan. The sooner I finished dancing with this person I could get back to Dan though.

The music began playing and the stranger led me in a dnace I didn't know. "You look very beautiful miss." He kissed my hand, making me blush. "Thank you... Who are you?" I asked. He looked me in the eyes. His eyes were piercingly green. I reconized them, I just didnt know where from.

"Kale...?" I guessed. A sly smile came upon his face, he didnt answer. My stomach now felt queasy. I just wanted Dan's arms to be around me. "So you are dating Dan, huh?" He asked, even though he obviously already knew the answer. I nodded in response. "Well if you dont want him hurt you better come with me." He sharply whispered in my ear. His grasp around my wrist tightened. "Dont you dare touch a single hair on his head." I spat in the mans face. I looked back at dan who was getting a drink from the bar. I tried to hold back my tears.

"I'm guessing you dont want him dead tomorrow, So lets go ." He pulled my arm. I didnt fight back, my legs felt weak. If they hurt Dan I dont know what I would do.

He lead my down the hall. He pushed open an enormous brown door into a library. We walked over and sat on the couch in the middle of the room. I felt a tear streak down my face. "What do you want from me?" I whispered.

He grabbed two glasses of an unknown drink from a table near by the couch. "I think you know why I'm here, Princess." He replied. Princess. He knew who I was.

He handed my one of the glasses. "Drink." He commanded. Tears where now pouring down my face rapidly. I raised the glass up to my lip to take a sip. The moment the bitter liquid touched my tounge the door swung open. "Stop!" Dan called. I dropped the glass, forming a stain all over my lovely white gown.

"Dan!" I gleamed from the couch. He ran over to us. The stranger sat there with a pleased smile on his face. "What did you just drink, Arista?" Dan asked urgently. "I... I dont know." I answered. A worry expression came over his face, causing the stranger to let out an evil laugh.

The whole room began to spin. My vision swayed from Dan, to the stranger, to everything else in the room. "D-Dan?? Whats happ-".

My whole world turned black.