Chapter 28

{28} Blair POV

I started to swim away when I heard a splash behind me. God, Phil is such an idiot. He would never survive in this ice cold water. 

I turned around to go save him. I knew Phil wasn't good at swimming. Especially considering he had somehow managed to get himself stuck in some seaweed. I began to try to untangled him but he was squirming to much. I knew there was only one way I could save him.

Mermaids have special powers. I can allow humans to breath underwater, by a kiss.

I finally caught hold of his head and planted a kiss on his lips. At first he was still squirming but then he realized he would breath. He opened his ice blue eyes and starred at me. They were filled with fear and confusion. I gave him a look that said Its gonna be okay , Then I finished untangling him.

Finally, he was free. We both swam back to the surface. "You saved me.. How could I breath.. Why did you kiss me..?" Phil asked as soon as we reached the top. "When a mermaid kisses a human, it allows them to breath underwater for a little." I explained. He looked so amused.

His curiosity soon exchanged for seriousness. "Arista... Please don't leave. You will hurt Dan more than anyone else could physically." Phil pleaded. I sighed in realization that he was probably right. But, that wouldn't stop Dan from being fisically hurt. But I had a feeling I knew what would.

"Phil, I promise I won't leave. But you have to let me go just for tonight. Theres something I need to do to protect Dan." I begged. Phil hesitated before replying. "Alright.. But if you dont come back, I dont know what Dan will do." Phil sighed before waving goodbye.

I waved goodbye back and leap back into the blue water. 

~Phil POV~

Before I could stop her, she jumped back into the water again. I sat there freezing and soaking wet for a few minutes. The best thing to do is go back, Dan will have to find out eventually. 

I got up and began to walk back to the hotel.

A few mnutes later I was back in front of the hotel door. I realized I didn't have a key so I'd have to knock. I banged my knuckles against the wooden door three hard times. About a minute later Dan finally opened the door.

"What happened to you? Why are ou wet? Where's Arista?" Dan swarmed me with questions. I gulped in fear and walked past him into the room. "Shes gone... Just for a little while though." I answered. "How long is a little while?" Dan asked with an annoyed tone in his voice.

I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes. "I-I don't know Dan." I finally replied. "Where did she go?" He asked yet another question.

"She went into the ocean. I went after her but she made me go back and said she would return soon. I finally looked Dan in the eyes. They were filled with tears. My heart broke a little bit. "I think I'm going to.. lay in bed for awhile..." Dan told me before walking over to the bed. He plopped under the covers and turned away from me.

It was only about 5am. I knew Dan wanted to be alone, so I walked over to the couch and slept for awhile.

*A few hours later*

I woke up with a terrible cramp in my neck. I crained my head around to face where Dan was sleeping. But he was not in the bed. I got up to look for any signs of where he might have gone.

There was a not on the counter that said "I'll be out by the water -Dan". That boy was crazy love sick. but who could blame him. I headed out the door to find him. 

I walked through some shrubs until I finally reached the water. I looked around until I finally spotted Dan. He was starring out into the sea, lost in thought. There was a look of pure sadness on his face. "D-Dan..?" I called out to him. He turned around, startled. I broke him from his train of thought.

I walked over to my friend. "She'll be back soon. I know it." I comforted him with a smile. He tried to smile back but soon gave up. "Phil, I'm scared. What if they capture her out there? We would never know and we couldn't help her." He confessed to me.

"Thats what happens when your girlfriend is a totally hot mermaid princess." I said trying to make a joke. Dan laughed a little but then looked at me with a serious face. "Did you just call her... Hot?" He asked in confussion. Dan didn't know about Arista and I kissing. He didn't know I had feelings for her at all. But he was so heart broken, I couldn't tell him. Not now at least.

"Oh.. Um.. I was just making a joke.." I fake laughed trying to act casually. He let out one of those fake silent laughs before looking back out to the ocean.