17

Trigger warning: Drugs, guns, police, stealing.

Title: You owe me
( Based off of a scene from 13 reasons why
Colby is Justin, he stole some money from his step dad seth, and seth isn't too happy)

3rd POV:

Colby was working away in the pret serving coffee trying to earn some money.

"Can I take your order sir?" He asked politely to a older man "A black coffee please young man" He asked and colby got to making it "That's $3.43 please?" he said to the man who had paid through cash. Handing his change back to him and handing him his coffee.
"Have a good day" colby smiled before taking the next person's order.

Just so happened the next person was his step dad. "Colby. You owe me $2000." Colby rolled his eyes "Not now seth I'm working." He said wiping the sides down.

He heard the click of a gun "I want it by Monday." colby gulped. "get out before I call security in" Colby said bravely.

Seth nodded and left "You owe me colby. Don't forget that this isn't over"

Colby continued taking people's orders and when they were looking instead of putting the cash through the register he threw it into the bottom of a cup and hid it. Anyway to get the money before Monday he thought

About 30 minutes went by and colby was out back on his break.
He had been holding off but he needed it. He took out a joint and started smoking it.
He leaned back on the chair and rested his head.

He was startled by a gun placed on his forehead "Woah what the fuck" Colby dropped the joint and seth stood on it. "You really thought my guys wouldnt notice your thieving ass skimming $1000 dollars? We want $2000 for what you owe and interest per say" Seth laughed a little bit grabbing colby by his collar.

Pinning him against the wall he placed the gun to Colbys neck.

"I- fuck seth I'm sorry" Colby tried to apologise "I want it all by Monday." He spat.

"I- I can't get it to you that fast" Colby pleaded

"No? Guess you gotta ask your new rich family to help." Seth laughed

"Leave sams family out of this.." He struggled against the gun

"By Monday colby. Or else they'll be issues" seth had dropped colby after hearing police sirens and took off running.

Colby stumbled to a stand and saw the police car turning down the alley way.

"Fuck sake." he mumbled before putting his hands up

"Your under arrest for suspicious activity and possible drug use." The police officer said cuffing him.
Colby just nodded before being sat in the back of a cop car.

After about 10 hours in a cell he was finally led back out to the waiting room in handcuffs where he was met with Brennen Taylor.

He was uncuffed and told he was free to go.

"So what happened?" Brennen said as they got in his car.

"Seth came by at work. Said I owed him 2000 dollars. I'm fucked bren.." Colby muttered

"I can get it for you.. Where you staying with the golbachs?" Brennen asked "Yeah.." He mumbled..

A few minutes later they pulled up outside sams house.
"get some sleep colby.. You clearly fucking need it.. Don't worry about seth ill get you covered." Brennen said unlocking the door.
"Thanks man I owe you big time" Colby said before stepping out of the car.

He walked up to the front door and knocked. "Hey sorry I lost track of time and I hung out with some friends" He rambled "It's alright colby we're just glad your safe" Sam's dad kirk said colby nodded walking in the house.

"Sam's out back in your rooms" Cindy sams mom said colby nodded and walked out back.
"Sorry I lost track of time when me and shea hung out.." colby murmed.
He layed down on his bed.. Put his phone on charge and rolled over

"Goodnight colby" Sam said

"Night Sam.."