23

Trigger warning: Alcohol, alcoholic!colby
Swearing, arguing, mentions of alcoholic past, relapsing

Title: 2 months sober.

3rd POV:

Colby sat staring at the final bottle of jackdaniels he had left.

He poured the last 5 down the drain after he almost gave in to drinking again.

He heard the front door to his apartment open and stood from his couch.

"Hi.." He said softly nuzzling himself into Elles hug.

"You stink of alcohol colby?" elle pointed out.

"Ive been cleaning and haven't showered yet." He said shakily..
Elle didn't believe him in the slightest.

"You've been drinking again haven't you. Colby don't bullshit me here." elle pulled away from the hug.

"What no? I've been getting rid of a load of it" Colby stuttered.

"Yeah getting rid of it by fucking drinking it Cole. After everything I fucking did for you trying to help you stay sober. And you go and fuck it up." elle spat. Watching as tears welled in colbys eyes.

"I think you should leave." colby said just above a whisper.

"What so you can drink your problems away like always." elle laughed

"Get the fuck out. Get out of my house." He choked pointing towards the door.

"I won't come back to help you get sober anymore Cole. I'm done." elle spat.

"Fuck you Elle. Fuck you." He cried as elle walked towards the door.

"And for your information. I've been sober for 2 months. Because I wanted to not make you feel scared everytine you came over. I know you grew up with an alcoholic dad which Is why I spent the last hour and half pouring away every bottle of alcohol I owned. I was about to pour the last one out. But you had to go and think the worst of me. Well guess fucking what elle I'm not your fucking alcoholic abusive dad. And I'm trying so hard to stay sober for you. But whatever. Think the worst of me. Now get the fuck out of my house" Colby said just above a whisper at the end.

Elle looked at him with regret in her eyes. She came closer to colby.

"don't fucking come near me. I'm done elle." he spat walking away grabbing his bottle of jack and taking it too the balcony.

"Oh no- Shit shit shit" She ran out of the apartment next door to Sam

"SAM SAM IT'S COLBY HE'S ABOUT TO FUCKING RELAPSE.." she banged on the door as Sam answered drearily as if he'd woken up.

"what about colby?" Sam said rubbing his eyes.

"He's about to relapse we had an argument and it got out of control" she begged dragging Sam towards colbys apartments

But it was too late. Colby was sat on his balcony drinking once again

He laughed no realising Sam and elle were stood at the door.

"2 months down the fucking drain." He choked as he cried a bit.

He looked at how much he had left in the bottle and took 3 more swigs from it.

"Colby.. Stop drinking" Sam said sitting next to him attempting to grab the bottle but was instead met with colbys elbow.

"Fuck off" Colby slurred.

"Colby fucking stop" Sam said again grabbing the bottle successfully this time.

"Bro.. What the fuck." Colby slurred again

"2 months sober for you to throw it down the drain Cole. Really" Sam sighed.

He handed the bottle to elle to pour out.

Colby started bawling into Sam's shoulder.
"I keep fuckin everything up.. I quit I just want everything to end I'm never gonna get sober." the blonde hugged him tightly

"Colby were gonna help you I promise" Sam cooed.

"I- Sam I'm gonna.. Be.. Sick" He choked before pulling away and throwing up in the bin on his balcony.

"I hate this.." colby sobbed before standing up from his sofa on the balcony and walked inside

He flopped into his bed and curled up into a ball.

Before anyone knew.. Colby was out like a light.

"I really hurt him Sam" elle muttered
"You didn't mean it elle.. Hell come around"