43

Trigger Warnings: Homophobia, Self worth issues swearing, weed.

( Colby goes home to a family reunion and some of his family aren't happy with him.)

( Obviously as far as we know this isn't what colbys family is like but it's just for the story)
( This takes place a year after colbys arrest)

Title:Family Disappointment.

3rd POV:

Colby was sat in the back of his parents car next to his older brother as they drove to there aunts for a family reunion BBQ.

When they pulled into the house colby got out and helped his mom bring things through to his aunts kitchen.

He placed his box of white claw in the bar at the end of his aunts garden and went to see his little cousins who were now 15,17 and 19.

( Obviously I don't know there names but I think I know two of them from a video on colbys channel. And the age is probably wrong too)

"Carter your favourite cousins here" Colby said going up to carter's room.

"sup man what's good" He said highfiving the older male.

"Sup bro what's good? Jeez I forget you aren't 12 anymore." Colby laughed

"Is that a colby I hear" Lucy said walking into the room.

"It certainly is" He hugged his cousin.

"Ohh shitt did your mom not tell you? Mom doesn't really want you hanging out with us" Carter said as colby looked in confusion

"Why?" Colby asked.

"Because you went to jail. Mom thinks your gonna be a bad influence on us" Lucy stated "But it's stupid and we tried explaining that to her but you know what mom's like." she continued

"Your mom's never really been a fan of me anyways. In her words my mom never punished me enough as kid." colby laughed

"Oh well I'm goin outside yall comin?" Colby asked

Carter slid his shoes on as Rory and Lucy waited for the two boys.

When they got to the garden there was tons of his family there.

Colby looked at his outfit in the garden mirror to see if it would be "Acceptable" To wear. Especially around his grandpa.

Ripped pants with the handcuffs attached to the jeans thanks to Jake. A plain black tee and his checkered flannel zip up.
He had his converses on as well and rolled the sleeves up.

"Hope you didn't pay full price for those jeans Cole." His grandpa said from behind him.
"Yes I did pay full price for them grandpa" Colby sighed.

"Don't get an attitude with me young man. I was just joking. I'm not too fond of your choice of style you know. You look like one of them.. Queers" His grandpa shuddered.
"Oh no what a horrid thought of your grandson being gay" colby huffed and walked away.

He went to pick up a white claw when his uncle Alan stopped him.
"I know your not about to pick up alcohol young man." He raised his eyebrows.

"Well consider the fact I'm 23 and I brought them yeah I was." colby laughed in a joking tone.

"Outside with the rest of the kids." His uncle Alan said seriously

"I- okay." He agreed feeling it was better not to argue. He sat down next to his brother who clearly picked up that something what pissing colby off

"What's wrong?" Gage asked genuienly
"when did you stop getting treated like a kid." he asked clearly annoyed.

"Uhm.. When I was like 19 why?"  colby scoffed
"Of fucking course. Why at 23 years old am I still being treated like a goddamn kid. I just went inside the bar to grab one of my white claws.. Alan sent me out and said I wasn't allowed one. Grandpa commented about the fact I look 'queer' oh and aunt lola doesn't want the kids to chill with me anymore." Colby stated anger lacing his voice.

" And yall wander why I don't come to these goddamn events anymore. " colby said as gage hugged him

"Cole. Come here" his grandpa said
Colby sighed and walked over

"I'm not a huge fan of these tattoos and piercings. I find it difficult to belive your mother and father let's you live at home with them" His grandpa said. Colby rolled his eyes

"First off. It's my body why do you care what I do with it. Second I don't live at home I don't even live in kansas.. I live in California" colby said clearly getting pissed off.

"I won't have you making a mockery of the brock name being dressed and acting like this. And the painted nails too. Disappointing really Cole. I had so much faith you'd be the one to dress like a man" ouch. That hurt.

"Sorry.." Colby apologised feeling tears well up in his eyes.

Great. He was a fucking disappointment

He walked away before his grandpa could say anything more about him.

He went inside to the bathroom and sat on the lid of the toilet
"I'm a fucking disappointment.." He cried wiping his tears on his sleeves.

He walked out the front door and sat on the floor by his dad's car.

"What's going on sport why you out here on your own." his dad came over and sat next to him

"Do I dissapoint you dad.." His voice cracked as a tear rolled down his face.

"Why would you dissapoint me son?" his dad asked wrapping an arm around the younger boy.

"Because I'm a failure. I don't dress enough like a man. I don't act enough like a man. I've been to fucking jail. What haven't I done to make you disappointed." he said burying his head into his dad's chest as he cried.

"Colby.. Your not a failure.. Your the most successful one in our entire family. You made this living on your own. Mom and I didn't help you with money or anything. You and Sam did this. Together. You don't need to dress like anything colby you dress how you feel comfortable dressing, and as far as jail. Yes I'm slightly angered that you went to jail knowing your dad was a cop but it was for your job you didn't willingly go to jail. "His dad hugged him tightly.

" I guess.. I'm sorry dad grandpa John really got to me this time. "he apologised as his dad whipped his tears for him

"Its okay sport.. Listen take a walk okay do whatever you need to do calm down and then come back in when your ready? Do you want gage Carter Lucy and Rory to come with you" his dad asked and colby nodded.
"Yeah.. God this is embarrassing I'm not always this emotional I swear" He laughed slightly as his dad ruffled his hair

"It's okay son ill go send the other 4 out okay" his dad said going to walk away
"Can you unlock the car.. I left something in there" Colby asked as his dad threw him the keys.

He went in and rummaged around his bag for his weed, tabaco, grinder, papers and a roach. ( Filter tip basically)

He rolled a joint quickly and and put his stuff back in his bag as the other lot came out.

He took his lighter out as they started walking and lit the joint.

"Can I take a puff colbs" Carter asked
Colby wheezed
"Absolutely not your 15 this is fuckin weed not a cig" he said passing it to his brother.

"Here you can use this instead but don't tell your mom she'll kill me" He handed his vape to Carter as the older lot took hits on the joint.

"Wow.. I fuckin needed this like mad." colby said as they sat on a bench he leaned his head back.
Lucy and Carter sharing the vape while Rory gage and colby passed the joint around.

"Carter thats enough now. You don't need to be having anymore" Colby said as Lucy handed the vape back to him.

On the walk back the 5 were making jokes and having the most fun colbys had in a while.

When they got back colby didn't let a single thing his grandpa said get to him.
Mostly cause the high was blocking it out but he went in took a white claw successfully this time and had fun. For the first time in a while he enjoyed being around his family.