Chapter 2: Cat makes us warm

6 PM

"Hello, Hon. I'm still in the office. One of our US bosses went for a surprise visit and we're having a meeting at 7 PM. I might be late, don't wait for me, okay? I'll message you when I get home. I love you".

I read out loud when Jennie sent me a message. I am working from home today since my schedule is flexi and hybrid, I usually pick her up at work and drive her home.

I took a bath and hop in to my motorcycle. I made sure that I was able to bring an extra helmet.

"Aunt Dara, I'll go ahead. Please don't wait for me I might be late"

"You take care, Lisa. Say my regards to Jennie". My aunt retorted.

It was a heavy traffic since it's a rush hour but I managed to arrive in her company at around 7:15 PM

I parked my motorcycle near the entrance. Glad that there's an available parking for me. I didn't reply to Jen's message earlier since I'd like to surprise her 😊 It's been cold outside and decided to scroll to my social media while waiting. It's already 7:45 PM and saw that some of the employees are coming out. I saw some familiar faces, indicating that they are Jennie's co-workers.

I plastered a big smile when I saw a familiar figure coming out from the entrance. She's been checking on her phone, maybe she's worried that I didn't manage to text her. She bid goodbye to her friends.

I'm still here with my motorcycle and watching her from a not so afar. I dialed her number and she answered right away

Jen: Hon 😊 (I saw how she show here gummy smile the moment she answered my call)

L: Hey, sorry I wasn't able to reply right away. Are you guys done?

J: Yeah. Just done and I'm about to go home. I'll facetime you later once I arrived to my apartment. Sorry, I know I promise you that we'll go out today for a dinner since it's Friday. We didn't expect that one of our boss will pay a visit. Can we meet tomorrow, you're free?

L: I can't, hon. (I'm enjoying watching her reaction from afar)

J: Oh. I understand, how about Sunday?

L: Still, I can't, I have to accompany aunt to the mall.

J: Okay. I just want to see you, for sure we can make time next week, right?

L: Still no. Sorry. hon.

J: Lisa, please be honest with me are we good?

There's a change on her tone and emotions

L: Of course, we are 😊 (I am still enjoying teasing her, she looks so cute and sexy when she's mad though)

J: Are you home now? I can go there so we can meet.

L: I am outside. (she's getting mad)

J: Where specifically? I thought you have something to do earlier?