Chapter 38: Needy cat

The constant meowing of a needy cat can result in treats or attention (or both). Of course, you want to shower your cat with love and affection, but if you go too far when he or she demands it, you may inadvertently reinforce clingy behavior. Teach your cat the way to behave, and try not to overlook bad behavior. When your cat meows repeatedly, give a signal, such as a light foot stomp. Only pet your cat or give a treat when he or she stops meowing.

Likewise, you can redirect a needy cat by playing with him or her. Distracting him or her from irritating behavior can reduce it altogether.

Weekend at 7 AM, Jennie's Condo Unit

Jennie's POV

Have you ever loved someone so much that you settled for being friends just to keep them in your life?

I woke up extra early today. Lisa will pick me up in a bit since we will be visiting the orphanage where we used to visit before. I didn't stop supporting it especially when I am earning good in LA. I make sure that I'll donate every month in cash or sometimes I will order online for gifts and send it to them.

I am just done dressing myself and put a light make up when a heard the doorbell. It must be her.

I opened the door and was happy to see Ryli , Lisa's taking a call, she waved at me and hand signal about Ryli.

"Hi Tita Jen". Ryli greeted me and he smiled

He is so handsome. His doe eyes, prominent nose and red lips screams like Lisa. Sometimes I would believe that he's really Lisa's son.

Lisa and I haven't discussed about it yet. She's not sharing anything to me yet personal and I respect her for that. Again, we're just friends and I don't have rights to asked her or to questioned her with her decision. Sometimes, I'm not even sure why I am still pushing through with this current set up with her even though I am not really sure of what am I to her. I just love her. I super love her that I can't imagine life without her. Even most of the time I kept on hurting myself every time she's cold to me, every time I will find out new about her, every time she doesn't open up nor share what she feels to me. I'm hurting, but I don't want to show it to her. I want to keep it to myself until she's sure about us. I just missed the old Lisa, someone who always tell me even the smallest details of her day, someone who makes me as her priority. Lisa is a very sentimental person, she tends to remember even the smallest of details, when and where did we first meet, how I look during her birthday, the gift I gave her during our anniversary. She loves to kept little of things. Maybe she's right. A lot of things happened which either made us strong or changes us.

I gave Ryli a chocolate drink. He's so well-behaved. He's also talkative and keeps on asking questions and sharing stories. I played with him while Lisa's still finishing a call outside.

"Are you guys ready?" Lisa asked as she peeked to the door. I just nod and smile at her.

"Ryli, c'mon". Lisa called the kid

"No, I want to walk with Tita Jen". He cutely said.

"Tita Jen, can I hold your hand?" Ryli smiled to me

We walked together going to the elevator. Lisa's walking ahead us and leading the way while I walked hand in hand together with Ryli.

I smiled when a thought came in to my mind. We're like a family who will go out. This is our dream before. At the same time, it made me sad. Lisa has a family but not with me. I felt like I'm trying to borrow the two of them for the day. I sweep the thoughts on my mind. Here we go again, I'm doing self-sabotage.

"Ryli you sit in the back seat okay? Tita Jen will sit in the front".

"No, I want to sit next to Tita Jen".