Chapter 39: Cat being scared

Shy or fearful behavior is most often caused by negative associations made in early life. If a cat doesn't interact with people often or experiences abuse or trauma, later, he or she may be afraid to trust human caretakers and become a skittish kitty. Other shy or fearful cats may be that way simply because they're genetically predisposed to higher levels of arousal. For these cats, it will take a long time to calm down and learn to trust new environments and people (which they may never fully do).

Jisoo's POV

It been a while when we had a catch up with my friends. The four of us are busy working adults.

We're currently in the bar and drinking since it's Mingyu's birthday. Lisa went to the rest room and the 3 of us are left in the table.

"Happy Birthday my dear cousin". Seulgi said. She's a bit drunk since she's been drinking a lot since earlier as if she hasn't tasted a liquor for the long time. While me, Mingyu and Lisa are still sober.

"tell us. Are you Ryli's father?". Seulgi asks and I actually covered her mouth after that. Haist this drunkard!

"It's okay, Jisoo. I will answer. I know you guys are wondering why I am so close to Ryli. Yes, I'm his dad".

Our eyes went wide open. Even Seulgi became sober after hearing Mingyu's confession.

After a moment of silence. Mingyu laugh hardly as if he's out of breath.

"Look at your face's idiots! I'm just kidding, of course not!". Mingyu said and still laughing

"But that night that we became wasted, remember before Lisa's flight to Thailand? The night you guys met because you picked us up in the bar because the 3 of us are wasted? The next day Lisa woke up in your room? Now, I wanted to believe that you're joking but how about that? Seulgi suspected

"Lisa slept in my room because you, bastard locks the room, where the three of you supposed to sleep. Yeah, Lisa slept in my room but together with Jisoo. And I slept in the couch. Jisoo don't tell me you can't remember it?". Mingyu smirk and continue laughing.

"Uhmm yeah yeahh I can somehow recall it. I'm with Lisa that night. Why did I forget it and just recall now"? I answered

"Guys, what ever the reason why Lisa's not telling us about Ryli. Let's wait and respect her privacy. We are her friends but it doesn't mean that we need to know every single detail about her. For sure she has a deep reason for keeping it from us. That's the funniest joke that I heard and take note during my birthday. I wish I'm the Dad but no, you guys are wrong". Mingyu told us

"Hey, what's up. Did I miss something?" Lisa asked as she's back from the bathroom. She held her glasses of whisky and drink it. "I'm so thirsty. Happy birthday, Gyu! You're the best".

We finished all of the drinks and food that Mingyu ordered before we part our ways. We're not wasted but a little bit sober.

Lisa's POV

I was happy to see Diana finally. She didn't tell me that she'll be home last weekend. I was surprise and Ryli's very happy to finally meet her mom.

Gladly Jennie didn't talk about it. Instead, I have a great time with her.

I updated her earlier that I went to the bar with friends. I don't usually update her about my whereabouts. But I think it's about time to slowly open up to her. She's been patient and understanding to me in the past 2 months. Our set up as FWB will be ending anytime soon.

I arrived home at 8 PM. It was a quick catch up since it's Mingyu's birthday and we decided to go home early since we still have work tomorrow. I sent Jen a message and told me that she'll meet me tonight since we were not able to meet the past days because of our busy schedules at work since the project that we are working on became more demanding recently.