Chapter 22: Cats in Thailand

Lisa's POV

The encounter that I had with Mingyu is actually a blessing in disguise. He became a good friend and we started hanging out together with Jisoo and Seulgi.

He also works in IT field and his specialty is focusing more on the Cyber Security. It's so good to find someone with the same interest. I learned that Mingyu also loves doing charity works.

Most of the time after shift the 3 of us will go outside to find a restaurant that offers delicious and authentic meal, in the weekend we will do bar hopping. It's been 2 weeks when we started doing this.

And it's really helping me to get back to my old self. Though most of the time "Are you happy" is such a difficult question. I always say yes because I have friends, I laugh at their jokes, I go out a lot and have fun, my life isn't as bad as it could be. But then, at night when I'm alone, still awake and lying-in bed, thinking about life without her, what she did to me. I find myself crying my heart out suddenly and I question everything I had and I don't know if I was ever happy at all.

We all have that one person-our person. That one we can't get off our mind. Our first thought in the morning, and our last before sleep. You know who I'm talking about. That one person you can't forget no matter how hard you try. They're the one you don't want to forget even if it's too complicated. But you can't help it.

It's cruel to be in an almost-relationship. A relationship that does exist, but that's much more beautiful in your dreams. You sometimes wonder if it would have been easier if you didn't know how much your heart was capable of loving another human, because it hurts so damn much to not be with them. They love you too, but maybe not in that way, I try everything to fall out of love with her, I deleted her number so I'm not tempted to text/call her, deleted our photos so I don't admire them with a sad smile, I block her to never see how happy is she without me, but I am always reminded of our memories we had shared at a particular place I pass by. The problem is despite of the things she have done, leaving me without saying a proper goodbye, ghosting me and throwing those 6 years that we've been together, I still love her and she's stuck in my mind like a fly I can't swat away. But it it's one thing I've learned, maybe we can't really expect someone to love us the same way we love them, with the same amount of intensity.

I learned that not everyone we meet will stay in our life forever.

"Hi mom". I faked a smile as I answered the call

"Yes, I'm decided and will be there. Thanks, Mom. I'll see you". I told my mom as I ended the call.

I'm just done taking a bath and currently drying my hair especially my beloved bangs. Seulgi, Jisoo and Mingyu will be here anytime soon since we agreed that they will accompany me as I visit the orphanage before leaving the country.

I heard a loud horn and when I check in my room's window it's actually Mingyu who's waving.

"Lis, we went to the mall to buy gifts and additional foods for the kids". Mingyu said smiling as I opened the car door in the shotgun.

"Thanks, Gyu! I can always count on you". I told her and smirk

"Are you sure that you will leave us, Lisayah?" Jisoo ask me

"Yes, Jisooyah. I'm 100% decided. But don't worry, I will always communicate with you and Seulgi while I'm out of the country. You will not gonna notice, I'm already back here".

"How about me?" Mingyu said in a puppy eye as he continues to drive.

"Never mind you". I teasingly told him.

"I'm just kidding. This sounds cheesy but I do appreciate your presence Gyu even in a short period of time. I will not forget you; I promise. Will continue what ever is the relationship or the friendship that we built here". I told him

"friendship". Mingyu whispered

"You're saying?" I asked

"I mean yeah. I will visit you there or we will visit you there for sure if we have extra cash unless you'll pay for our tickets". Mingyu teased

"Lis one thing for sure, we will miss you". Seulgi said

"Cringe".

We finally arrived in the orphanage and the kids welcome us. Mingyu, Seulgi and Jisoo played with the kids while I help Sister Chaeyoung to arrange the gifts and the foods that we prepared.

"He's so cute" I feel soft as I hold the baby boy which is I think 3 months old. He's the same baby boy that Jennie held the last time we went here and she started dreaming a family with me but then again, she left.

---

10 PM

I took a cab going to the airport

I took a cab going to the airport. Mingyu, Jisoo and Seulgi insisted to drive for me but I said no. I will be sad seeing them for the last time. I was lucky because my boss allowed me to still work for them as a consultant. I promised Mom that I will help them to our family business in Thailand. This is my way of making myself busy and maybe spend time with my other family. All this time, I kept on running away from them, maybe it's about time to give them a chance.

I decided to go home in Thailand. Again, you will not heal to the same place that hurts you. I think I needed this. Good thing, I will not be longer worried to Aunt Dara finally she started seeing someone, which is Ji-Yong. I make sure also that I will bring my 5 cats with me. Hopefully they will not be stressed to our flight and to the new environment. I can't leave them, I know how it feels.

I checked my phone and indicated Its already quarter to 5 AM when I finally landed. This is it!

I saw a messaged and I opened it:

"Hey, if you're reading this right now, I want you to know that it's all going to be okay. It's possible for you to fee safe again. It's possible for you to find happiness again. It's possible for you to feel enthusiastic about life again. I understand I things are hard right now, I get it. But you are finding your way out of this. You are strong. Remember that. Keep going. I will wait for you" - Mingyu

A/N Lisa emo era. Where's Jennie's POV? hehe