Chapter 17: Cats can hunt accurately in almost complete darkness.

Your cat's uncanny ability to pounce on you even with the lights out is no coincidence. The back of a cat's eye has a reflective layer called the tapetum lucidum which "collects all available light, intensifying it and reflecting it back out of the retina," thus allowing them to accurately process images even in almost complete darkness, according to Galaxy. It's this unique ability that makes them such great hunters—and allows them to stay one step ahead of predators, too.

Jennie's POV

Week has passed. I'm sad that my L.A dream is gone. But I'm looking at the positive side. I do believe in alignment. Those meant for us, the universe will provide. It may require an exorbitant dose of strength and resilience but eventually what's meant for you will come when you're ready to appreciate every little bit of it. It will make sense. It will make the painful years a little easier to swallow. It will make the journey a little sweeter to look back on. We may not see or understand the whole picture now, but when it's done, we will understand that every stroke had a purpose, we'll see how every little dot came together to create something meaningful, something worth looking at, something worth remembering.

It may take a while but what's meant for you will not mistakenly be given to someone else. The universe doesn't miss any targets. Universe doesn't give someone else your piece of the cake. So, rest assured, that if something is meant for you, even if the whole world is competing for it, it will be yours and yours only.

And I think that's the beauty of faith, knowing that after everything you've been through, there will be a reward. Whether it's what you wished for or something better. Whether it's what you've been waiting for or something beyond your wildest dreams.

Looking at my schedule, I'm currently fully booked today.

I have some scheduled interviews to conduct. I usually do the Final interview for our internal applicants.

I was scanning the resumes scattered in my table. Some applicants are still submitting hard copy to our front desk but most are sending it to our career page and company HR email. Deb will have her farewell party later after our shift. She'll be flying back to L.A in the next 3 days. I'm going to miss working with her. She's been my first mentor.

In a snap of an eye, 3 months has passed.

I started rearranging my schedule since I need to squeeze in a meeting with my team to check our hiring progress.

I interviewed 4,5 to 6 applicants today. It's draining. Had one passer so not bad in terms of our success rate. I cascaded to our Compensation and Benefits team to made an offer and extend it asap. I don't want the candidate to wait for that long. It's actually for our Account manager position. I sent regret letter to those candidates who didn't pass and told them that we will revisit their application just in case there's an available role that will fit them.

I didn't notice that it's already 6 PM. Everyone gathered to the function hall. There's a catering service who arrived and decorated the room for Deb's farewell party.

 There's a catering service who arrived and decorated the room for Deb's farewell party

Deb had her farewell speech as well before everyone started to party.

"Jennie!" Deb called me

"That was an inspirational speech". I told her

"Yeah, unfortunately that's the last time that you will hear it, if only you will come with me". She sadly said

"We can stay in touch, all right? I can be your long-distance mentor. Just reach out anytime. Can I hug you?" Deb asked

"Thank you for everything, Deb" I gave her a hugged and she slowly caressed my back.

"Let's have a drink, the team is there". Deb said as we pulled from a hug

We have a drink with the team, good thing that tomorrow is weekend. We had so much fun and had some mini games. Everyone is very comfortable with Deb knowing that she's our boss. She never let us feel that she's above us and that made us respect her more.

I drink 2,3,4 or 5 bottles of Soju? I wasn't able to count it. Now I am feeling dizzy and my eyesight are blurry. Deb is trying to wake me up by slowly tapping my face. I just smiled at her.

I'm so wasted.

"Jennie, can you still go home in that state? I have to drive you home c'mon" Deb said. As she put my arms on her shoulder so we can walk. I can't even walk properly. The alcohol kicks in. I'm sure I will regret this tomorrow.

Until I faint. I don't know what happened next but I feel someone is kissing me. 

I wanted to kiss back but I can't because I'm too drunk. So, I just let out a moan. I feel our skin touches means I'm naked.

I can't really think properly. I got knock out so I just surrender.

A/N Ops.