Chapter 24: Cats coming back

4 years later✨

Lisa's POV

"Ryli please be quiet, Dada will just need to call someone okay? Will meet your mom after this". I told to the 4-year-old boy. I bring him in my office since her yaya took a leave and her mom have something important to deal with. I am his assigned baby sitter for today's video.

"Yes, Mr. Yoshinawa will send you the contract and needed files in a bit" I said to one of our clients as I ended the call. I just got home from Japan to meet some of our investors. I decided to help to our family business, I now work as a Solutions Architect and CTO in my dad's company. I let go my consultancy job in Korea, where Seulgi and Jisoo still work. I used to communicate with them and had a catch-up call if we have time.

Mingyu used to visit me here in Thailand every time he has business trips. Our friendship grew as the time passed. He usually come to our place and play with Ryli. My family knows him. 

And I also appreciate the relationship that I have now with Mom and Dad, with my step brother Nickhun, we used to bond a lot recently together with Diana. I can say that, maybe this is the direction that the universe wanted to teach me. To improve and work with my relationship with my family.

I think I've move on as well with Jennie, I haven't heard news about her and I don't want to hear anything about her. I can actually ask Jisoo or Seulgi if I want to but I think it will not help to my healing process. I think I've move on (I think so) but I'm not sure or ready yet if ever that we will meet again.

Last time during my trip in Japan, I met someone. She's pretty and fun to be with. She's one of the representatives from Mr. Yoshinawa's company in LA. We had a drink and exchange numbers before we separate ways.

I'm just done sending the necessary documents to my client and reviewing some pending contracts as a sat to my swivel chair when I received a call from Diana.

"Lisa...". Diana said and I can hear her sobs from the other line

"Babe, what happened? Are you okay? What's happening?" I answered

"Your brother, Nickhun".

"What about him? Hey? Where are you? I'll be there". I asked her worriedly

Diana texted me the address of the hospital. My brother had a car accident and his condition is critical. My mom and dad also message me that they are on their way. I brought Ryli home first and told the maid to look after him while we are out.

The moment I arrived to the hospital. I saw Diana crying on her knees same with my mom and my dad is trying to stay calm.

"Mom".

"Lisa, Nickhun's gone. He didn't make it". My dad said as he tapped me on my shoulder.

I hugged Diana and Mom to comfort them.

Los Angeles, California. 9 AM

Jennie's POV

"Can I come in?" Deb soft knock to my door

"Hey Deb!" I stand up from my swivel chair and welcome her a quick hug.

The two of us became closer. She's my whole support system for the past 4 years stay that I have in LA. It's supposed to be 2 years contract but I extended it.

"Is Chaeng back?" She asked me

"She messaged me that her business trip went well and they were able to close the deal. But I haven't seen her yet".

"I have something to discuss with you".

"What about it?". I reviewed the documents that Deb handed me.

"New project in Korea'. What do you mean, are we doing this together?". I asked Deb

"Yes, and with Chaeng. But I need the two of you to go first and I'll follow after 2 weeks. I just have some important stuffs to deal here. It means is it a, yes?". Deb asked

I nod and gave her a big smile.

After 4 years... Korea I'm coming home 😊

*****

Lisa's POV

Our family is still in the mourning stage. It's been a month when Nickhun left us. I've loss another best friend, I am so thankful to him because he's always there to guide and teach me new things especially about business. He's my idol. He always takes care of me and I'm sad that the universe did not allow us to spent time for long. I promise to his grave that I will take care all of the people and things that he left.

Diana has been helping us regarding the other businesses especially those business that Nickhun is handling. I'm always grateful to have her. She may be busy all the time but she always makes sure that she'll dedicate time for Ryli.

"Lisa". My dad called me

"I know, we're still in the stage of healing because of what happened to your brother. Remember the deal that you close in Japan a few months back? This is supposed to be handled by your brother, and I'm thinking of giving this to you to take over."

"Okay, Dad will do it".

"Are you ready to go back to Korea? Mr. Yoshinawa plans to upgrade their IT infrastructure in their Korea office".

"When will this be?"

"2 weeks from now. I'll tell may Executive Assistant to arrange and book you a flight. I bought a condo for you near the office, you can use that".

"I can stay to Aunt Dara's house, it's already renovated".

"Up to you".

"Okay, I think I'll use the condo".

"And about Ryli, you need to bring him with you while Diana's out of the country to process other business matters, she'll follow you guys in Korea after fixing some stuffs that Nickhun left".

A/N reunion?