Chapter 10: Your cat is still busy

Jennie's POV:

I'm not so religious person but I called different saints name asking for help before knocking to my Boss's office.

Knock. Knock!

"Came in!" she said after the 2 knocks. God she's so attentive.

"Good afternoon, Boss Deb. Nayeon told me that you have something to discuss?' I said to her.

"Yeah, have a sit, Ms. Kim". She invited me

She put the documents she's reading and stand up. She walks near me and told me "Hey! Just be comfortable". She proceeded in the small counter situated in the corner of her big office and prepared a coffee for two.

"Here". as she gave me the cup of a newly hot brewed coffee.

I bow and accepted it and let out a small smile. 

I just have a coffee but I have to drink this because my boss prepared for it and she might misunderstand if I'll just stare to it. I hope I will not palpitate later.

"Thank you for the coffee". I told her.

"So, I heard that your direct Manager is currently on leave and you're the one who will be managing the team for the time being. It means you'll be directly reporting to me. I want you to be comfortable, I don't bite, don't worry. I reviewed your progress report and I am impressed, I would like to discuss it and see the other strategies that we could do. You know, our business is expanding, we're getting more clients and projects, means we need manpower and Recruitment team is in charge of hiring those talented people". Deb discussed

I listened to her intently and make sure that I am jotting down the suggestions that she's putting on the table. I used our work iPad. They're right, she's smart. We exchange ideas and she's the type of person who's very open for her directs suggestions and opinion. It's already 5 PM when we finished.

"Thank you, Boss Deb I super appreciate your inputs and suggestions, will make sure to review it and our team will execute". I said to her.

"Just call me Deb". She spoke

"Don't worry, other Managers also called me Deb. In L.A we're use to it, with the first name basis. We don't use Boss, Ms. or Sir" She continued

"Okay, Deb" I told her.

"I'm excited to collaborate with you, Ms. Kim". She extended her hand for a handshake and I gladly accepted it.

I left her office quietly and returned to my cubicle.

"How was your meeting? Is she scarry?" Irene tried to investigate

"Aniya, she was cool and the discussion went well". I told her

Ring ring ring.. it's my phone.

"Hon, I'm here ready to see whenever you're ready". It's Lisa

I chucked "I'll be there in a minute".

Lisa has been sitting in lobby but it feels like she's seducing me and the passers. How can she be that so cool even without trying?

 How can she be that so cool even without trying?

"How was my baby's day". She welcomes me with a hug and kissed my forehead

"It was a super long day". I answered and wrapping my hands at her back while we are leaving the office.

We went to the parking lot she grabs the extra helmet. I leaned back to her motorcycle while she's checking the lock of the helmet.

"You didn't reply to my messages today, hon. I miss you". Lisa cutely said.

I grab her small face and attached my lips to her, kissing her passionately.

"I'm sorry, been with the meeting the whole day. We have a new boss. I miss you too". I told her as we separated our lips.

"Is he nice or he's giving you a hard time on his first day?" Lisa asked

"She is nice". I answered while caressing her face and putting a strand of her hair that is blocking her cute face

"Ohh a girl boss, hope you'll get along with her. Aunt Dara prepared food, let's have a dinner at our place then will drop you home after". She said while pinching my nose.

"Can I stay with you tonight instead?" I said in seducing tone. Lisa just smiled ear to ear.

A/N Good night! Bye for now. See you on Tuesday night :)